FREE OF BUGS FOR 10 MONTHS AND THEN [a: not bed bug]

(8 posts)
  1. Catt417

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Jul 7 2018 17:46:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been bug free since September of last year. Treated twice by professionals and doing in home prevention such as spraying myself, steaming and buying cimexa.
    I woke up at 7 am and felt a tickle feeling on my arm. At first glance, I saw nothing. Felt the tickle feeling again and saw a tiny bug the size of a pinhead. Before I could get a good look at it, it started zigzagging all over my arm to the point that I couldnt even follow it with my eyes. I will be spraying and steaming again as I always do. .
    My question is, are there any other bugs that are a dark red color that could move that fast? I have never had troube killing a bed bug before but this thing could not be stopped, I couldn't even follow it with my eyes. #1 because it was so small and #2 the crazy zig zag patterns it ran super fast.
    I have been doing a lot of gardening lately and I am hoping I picked something else up.
    It's incredible how the sickening feeling in your stomach comes right back and how you automatically assume that is what you have.
    The brief glance I got at it I was convinced in my head it was a BB. Thank you for any advice you can give.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 9 2018 0:32:28
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like it could be a mite— and there are lots of non-parasitic ones. I would not assume bedbugs and start treatment, personally. Verify the ID first.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 9 2018 14:39:17
    #

Login to Send PM

That doesn't sound like a bed bug. I agree, a mite seems to fit the description much better.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  4. Catt417

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Sep 4 2018 23:23:16
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 1 month ago  » 
    That doesn't sound like a bed bug. I agree, a mite seems to fit the description much better.

Can you please help me with this then? I found it under my couch. I had 3 tiny bites on my ankle and went nuts cleaning and found this. I won't lie, it was almost black in color although it looks like the blood suckin vampires. An fYI I have a front porch/patio that attracts many bugs, I am hoping it is not what I think it is. This is a clear picture even though it doesn't appear that way. It's exactly what I found.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/HqcC9Qn

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Sep 5 2018 8:43:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't do anything with that photo, it looks like a sonogram.

6. Catt417

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Sep 5 2018 16:09:58
    #

Login to Send PM

You cannot see its a close up of a shell on my grey carpet?it almost looks like a dead bee. It was a dark shell on my grey carpet. I apologize if it looks like a sonogram. This one is not so zoomed in. Maybe you can see this better. Thanks for being helpful.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/F8voXMU

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Sep 5 2018 16:26:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing bed bug related.

8. Catt417

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Sep 5 2018 16:48:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so very much. My friend said it looks like a dead beetle and I do have cimexa under the couch where it was dead
    I appreciate it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,375 posts in 46,305 topics over 141 months by 20,411 of 21,249 members. Latest: berry1, kt_f, newbee