Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

FREE OF BUGS FOR 10 MONTHS AND THEN I SAW SOMETHING EXTREMELY TINY CRAWLING ON M

(3 posts)
  1. Catt417

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Jul 7 2018 17:46:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been bug free since September of last year. Treated twice by professionals and doing in home prevention such as spraying myself, steaming and buying cimexa.
    I woke up at 7 am and felt a tickle feeling on my arm. At first glance, I saw nothing. Felt the tickle feeling again and saw a tiny bug the size of a pinhead. Before I could get a good look at it, it started zigzagging all over my arm to the point that I couldnt even follow it with my eyes. I will be spraying and steaming again as I always do. .
    My question is, are there any other bugs that are a dark red color that could move that fast? I have never had troube killing a bed bug before but this thing could not be stopped, I couldn't even follow it with my eyes. #1 because it was so small and #2 the crazy zig zag patterns it ran super fast.
    I have been doing a lot of gardening lately and I am hoping I picked something else up.
    It's incredible how the sickening feeling in your stomach comes right back and how you automatically assume that is what you have.
    The brief glance I got at it I was convinced in my head it was a BB. Thank you for any advice you can give.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jul 9 2018 0:32:28
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like it could be a mite— and there are lots of non-parasitic ones. I would not assume bedbugs and start treatment, personally. Verify the ID first.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jul 9 2018 14:39:17
    #

Login to Send PM

That doesn't sound like a bed bug. I agree, a mite seems to fit the description much better.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,179 posts in 45,459 topics over 138 months by 19,974 of 20,737 members. Latest: ihatebugsugh, Ladybeetle, bedBugsareSatanic