(5 posts)
  1. HelpMe5555

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 22:47:16
    #

Login to Send PM

20120711_232327

Is this a bed bug? I'm literally freaking out here and probably won't be able to sleep. I found one of these already when vacuuming my room but it crumbled very quickly. I found this second one near my window and took this picture. I only got one shot and couldn't get its underside because it is also crumbling. The under is white legs tucked in. The front, in case it isn't too visible, is brownish grey stripes and is sort of "furry" at the ends. It has two tiny antennae at the top.

I think they've been dead for a while? My room had a beetle (carpet or related) problem (holes in fabric etc.) about a month ago. We haven't seen any in a while because we used boric acid, as an exterminator suggested. These look like larvae pictures I've seen (I kept running into the adults last month. They were everywhere!) Is it possible they are back or just a remnant of or clean up or bed bugs. I've been hunting for more and checking all my mattresses, furniture etc. but I have found no other signs. I have no bites and no blood on the sheets. Just these two near my window and closet.

Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. The hair is from me trying to catch it with double sided tape before I realized it is very much dead.

2. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 23:33:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like a roly poly to me. It's not a bed bug.

3. HelpMe5555

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 23:41:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you positive? Thank you so much! No idea how they're getting indoors but I'm sure I'll find a way to get rid of them.

4. bugtimeinnyc

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 12 2012 0:33:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a PCO but I do have bed bugs at the moment, and this is definitely not a bed bug. You're ok! Not as sure as AshamedandScratching about what it is/how to get rid of it, but it's not a BB :]

5. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 12 2012 1:49:00
    #

Login to Send PM

AshamedandScratching - 2 hours ago  » 
    Looks like a roly poly to me. It's not a bed bug.

Yep probably an Isopod.

Jim

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,187 posts in 50,134 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92