(5 posts)
  1. Diana88

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 26 2019 9:28:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear all,
    Having recently gone through treatment in Paris in my former apartment, I'm worried the bugs have followed me to my new apartment in Paris. I have seen small red spots on my skin and need to get it checked. However, as there is lots of sketchy companies in France and next to no guidelines and reviews online, I find it a jungle to find the right company. I need to get a check before I get the treatment - maybe I'm lucky, and there isn't even a problem.

I'm aware this an Anglophone group, but in lack of any French forums to turn to, I hope some of you are based in Paris and could give me some opinions on French companies!

I already asked a company to come out and check tomorrow but would like to have several opinions. Does anyone know of this company?
    https://eco-pest.fr/

I'm crossing my fingers that someone can help!

2. alamaree

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 26 2019 10:40:24
    #

Login to Send PM

- I used ASD Protect. They had successfully treated a large infection. For us they wrongly ID’ed a lady beetle as a bed bug. They also treated chemically once without checking for evidence first, and they claimed that a second treatment would only be needed if still bites after 6 weeks. (Around 400 euros)
    - we used doggybug dogs to check for presence. They detected both in bedroom and living room but didn’t look for the bugs (around 300 euros)
    - we used eco flair in our new city for dogs. The dog marked the bed but they then didn’t search for evidence (330 euros)

I feel like they all go too fast and make east money. If you find a good company that takes the time to look for evidence I would be interested.

I just bought two passive monitors on bedbugmonitor.co.uk. Sadly these have high shipping cost (12 pounds)

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 26 2019 10:42:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I can only go from a google translate of their bedbug advice page but it's not getting me reaching for the phone.

It's what I call DejaMoo. While the exact layout might be unique the phrases used and sound bites are not. I have read this "prevention is about what you do in your home line" so many times I don't bother to laugh any more.

Prevention is about educating your customers about how bedbugs occur in the first place so they can prevent that mistake being repeated. After that message is clear its about efficiently monitoring and what to do if there is an issue so its dealt with when its small.

I would strongly advise that you spend the time to appreciate why skin reactions are not the indicators you need to focus on and take this one step at a time and confirm first.

It gets you to where you want to be faster.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. Diana88

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Nov 27 2019 5:03:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks a lot for your feedback and your warnings, Alamaree. For now I've decided to get out Eco-pest today to do a free check and devis - from what I've heard, they will probably tell me that I have bugs not matter what, because they want me to take the payed treatment after. But I'll follow the technicien around and evaluate the signs myself, and if he says there's something and it seems sketchy, I'll call a dog detection company as well.

The problem in Paris is that all the companies that I've got recommended are booked for weeks and weeks, and I can't wait that long.

5. AEli

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 8:26:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I searched endlessly on this topic when I was concerned I'd brought London bedbugs to my Paris home (turns out I hadn't and I'm thankful for this forum that taught me that skin reactions, however unusual, are NOT a reliable sign)

I'd called several companies while monitoring BB signs and same experience - French PCOs will do chemical treatment without even making sure you have bugs. Most are "3D" companies that are more used to rats and roaches.
    Someone recommended directory "badbugs" but I spoke with one of the companies listed there and wasn't convinced.

My recommendation is for you to spend as much time as possible on this forum to understand what the reasonable treatments and advice are - get a hang on the "dont's" in particular.
    Question several PCOs. Come up with a list of questions for them such as: "can you make it with 1 treatment?" "how long will you take?" "do you check for bugs yourself?" "do you use foggers?" "can you tell me what chemicals or other treatments such as DE you use and how they kill the bugs?""do you have dedicated bed bug technicians as opposed to "3D" guys?" "do I need to prepare?" ... Their answers (and willingness to answer) will give you an idea of how serious and informed they are (they can be very serious and dedicated but not greatly informed unfortunately)

I ordered passive monitors and self treatment kit from bed bugs UK (had to pay for shipment). Also a steamer. If you do have BB and you get feedback that it's ok to use DE on top of PCO treatment (ask PCO and double check on forum), some level of self-treatment is useful in a city that is still learning to deal with the pest. It also brought me peace of mind.

One day I'll be fed up with my office job and will become rich as a PCO in Paris!!

Good luck

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14