(2 posts)

Tags:

1. Aintnobugsonme

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Sep 18 2012 23:05:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Moved in aug.1st saw BBS crawling on carpet around august 9th. Source was downstairs apartment. Terminex came and inspected everything twice and determined we were in the clear around the 12th. So from the 12th to now (Sept. 18th) these BBs set up shop. Now BF has bites popping up. Since, we were in the clear in august we put in our notice to vacate and now we will most def. throw everything away. The kicker is that the BB dog came yesterday and deemed the apartment clear but one of the cars had an alert with no visual inspection. Sigh... I wish I never moved to an apartment and this is my first experience leaving my parents house. Now we will probably be homeless, since I don't want to risk going back to my parents house... Sorry just needed to vent although I did not really have a question, just need some support

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 19 2012 0:26:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you post images of the cast skins you found, for confirmation?

Not sure if you've already explored this but if you're in the US, it's likely you can have a pod or moving truck of stuff treated with Vikane gas en route to your next location. If done properly, it kills all the bed bugs and eggs.

If it is done correctly and you take steps to not reinfest your stuff, then it is quite possible to move your things somewhere else and not spread bed bugs.

Having a truck treated starts at about $499, we're told. And while this is expensive, it may be an option - certainly better than being homeless if you or your parents or someone can help with the cost.

Note that a dog alerting in the car WITHOUT a visual confirmation of the presence of bed bugs, is not a confirmation you have them. We recommend using k9 handlers who visually confirm alerts. If they search and can't confirm it, then you can't assume there's anything there.

Did Terminex ever actually treat your home and if so, when, how many times, and with what?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,635 posts in 50,004 topics over 154 months by 21,866 of 22,347 members. Latest: gingerstelpa, jaa5108, fightingback