Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Found this fella on my bed in South East Asia...

(3 posts)
  1. dunlikebugs

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 22:03:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi guys. I'm staying in a wooden house in a SEA country and have been getting bit by something every night for the past week. Have no idea what is biting me but my suspicion is a combination of mosquitoes and bed bugs. I have also seen some small black spider thing that seems to hop around when I get near it, cockroaches, and tons of ants.

Why I think bed bugs are involved is because one of the nights I received a pattern of 4 bites in a single row very close to each other. And the other reason is because I found the below next to me when I woke up. It was already dead. I don't know if this is a shell or an actual bug.

If anyone could ID this, I would greatly appreciate it.

top side

bottom side

Thank you.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 22:56:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing bed bug related.
    I hate the fact that biting in some number or some pattern is assigned to bed bugs, it's just not true. There is no reason it would go through that ritual, it's an insect, not a geometry student.
    Now wolves, they bite in isoceles triangles, not to be mistaken with the bite of a walrus, which is a pentagram. You see that star shape on you when you wake up you know that a walrus is sure to be nearby.

3. dunlikebugs

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Mar 13 2019 0:17:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for response! Glad to know the bites geometry is irrelevant. Any idea who the creature in photos might be? Thanks again!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,575 posts in 48,150 topics over 149 months by 21,216 of 21,570 members. Latest: Lh0512, patmc3853, stennisplayer07