Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Found something on passive monitor - Mr. Cain - is it fecal?

(6 posts)
  1. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jan 28 2011 8:16:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi.

I found these spots on my monitor. First picture is before the saliva smear test. Next two are after. Did not smear. Spots got lighter in color. Nothing transfered on Q-tip. Fecal or just dirt?

As always, I appreciate your time in looking at my photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57786971@N03/5395639262/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57786971@N03/5395042649/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57786971@N03/5395044095

2. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jan 28 2011 8:32:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is a better picture of the after saliva test results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57786971@N03/5395672528/

Thanks again!

3. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jan 28 2011 10:33:33
    #

Login to Send PM

If anyone can make something out of those photos it's David. As to distinguishing fecal stains in general, as a layman I found it very hard. Since this has been a concern of yours going back, I'd consider again purchasing a presumptive blood test kit, as mentioned a while back. It will give you definitive answers and peace of mind in this regard.

Richard

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jan 28 2011 12:46:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The first image is not in focus enough and I cant zoom in but the description and details of the smear test make me think its dirt rather than bedbugs.

The smear under saliva is very clear and always happens as you will see from the demo shots on the website.

If you find other signs its always important to keep the shot in focus and upload in the highest possible resolution so we can zoom in to look at the detail.

I would say I am 90%+ certain that this is a false alarm though.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jan 28 2011 13:00:06
    #

Login to Send PM

As always, thank you David. The photos were the best I could get. I must have taken 50 shots and the ones I posted were the best focus. I don't really have a great, high resolution camera. I looked at the photos on your website and what I found on my monitor did not seem to look like your photos. The color was more of a medium brown and it definitely did not smear, just got lighter.

I should also note that since I have removed and reinstalled the monitor when I removed the encasements I had been having problems with adhesion. The monitor was currently on with two-sided tape and would fall off every couple of days, which is where I found it today, on the floor. UGH! I have ordered a couple more monitors today and will reapply a new one since I am hesitant to let the old one out of the Ziploc just in case.

I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my photos and respond. If I'm ever in London, I definitely owe you dinner! Have a great day!

6. soooconfused

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jan 28 2011 13:04:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Richard. Thanks for the reply. I think you are right. I really need to get the blood test kit. I have been on high alert since having overnight visitors 2 weeks ago that stayed in that room and mentioned they were having a roach problem in their new apartment. I was even considering getting the dog back in, but in light of David's reply, I may wait a little while after I install a new monitor. My son is still having skin issues and is covered in an all body rash right now which the doctor has contributed to a virus. Of course, the monitor and where my visitors stayed is his bed so it made me even more suspicious. I'm going to take a deep breath and order that blood kit.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88