Found one bug

(4 posts)
  1. Lys

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 1 2018 14:52:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I found one female nymph bed bug about a week after staying in a hotel. We have no blood on our bed, no other signs of bed bugs. I vacuumed and flipped the mattress, cleaned out under my mattress and sealed everything in boxes in my basement and am going to not open them for two years because it’s all storage stuff and I went through it all, no signs of bugs. I did same with my closet. I dried all my clothes. Weather has been below zero and I’m keeping them on an enclosed porch. I got ecoraider that I ordered as well as mattress encasements and the things for under the feet of the bed de powder. Should I be okay? We seen the one and that’s it. No other signs of them anywhere.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 1 2018 17:09:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Lys: What makes you think you found a female nymph? You can't really tell the sex of the nymph.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Lys

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 1 2018 18:09:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I maybe wrong. But it was a round shape not the less round shape I’ve seen the males as. It was rather small. More of a yellow color but sort of the red brown and you could see blood in it. My husband spotted it on the corner of our bed. It was moving slow and he moved it a little between his fingers and it died fairly easy he said he wasn’t even trying to kill it.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jan 1 2018 19:40:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Lys - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well I maybe wrong. But it was a round shape not the less round shape I’ve seen the males as. It was rather small. More of a yellow color but sort of the red brown and you could see blood in it. My husband spotted it on the corner of our bed. It was moving slow and he moved it a little between his fingers and it died fairly easy he said he wasn’t even trying to kill it.

Adult male and female have wing pads and are brown, maybe light brown on flat ones and more dark when not as flat or full of blood. Immatures are not like the adult male in shape of rear end. Your bug was a nymph, an immature. Rather small so probably a young nymph.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991