Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

FOUND! Need sound but timely advice about staying in apartment before PCO?

(3 posts)
  1. very_worried

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 4 2018 14:28:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello again,

Not sure how many people read this since no one ever responded to any of my earlier questions.

Here is my question: we have a PCO coming in on Monday, but until then, can I stay at a hotel?

Here is the story: We were in France when I had allergy reaction to what I thought was fish, but it turned out to be bed bugs. We ended our trip early and drove back to Zurich, Switzerland. We took precautions to bag our clothes separate from our suitcase. When we returned, we put everything on the patio, bought a steam cleaner, and directly from plastic bag to washing machine we did our clothes. What clothes we couldn't do in the washing machine, we steam cleaned. The suitcase and bags were all steam cleaned.

A month later, I'm here alone in Zurich for the week and three days into my husband's trip, I wake up and notice a blood spot on the sheet. My eye is caught to the corner of the bed, where lo and behold, I find a bed bug. Captured it alive and it lives in jar right now.

I set up a PCO to come and check out how bad the infestation is, but they won't be here for four days. I am very allergic to bed bug bites. Right now I'm monitoring my one bite to make sure I don't have to go and get a cortisone shot again in the hospital.

Hence, my question: During the period I'm waiting for the PCO, can I stay in a hotel or do I have to stay in my bed so that the PCO will be able to find the bed bugs?

Please, please respond asap!
    Cheers.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 4 2018 16:35:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hotel stay beats the hell out of a trip to the hospital, I'm sure your PCO will understand. Not something I would even ask if your reactions are that severe, take care of yourself, then kill the bugs.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. very_worried

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 4 2018 19:13:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks BigDummy!
    And for all interested parties, did my first bed bug check of a hotel room. If I had known how to do this before and the smell, I would have immediately cottoned onto the infestation in France. Fortunately we can learn from our mistakes and correct our ignorance-true of all things in life.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg