(7 posts)
  1. storeking

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 23 2015 23:00:30
    #

Login to Send PM

hey guys,

was moving this sofa and found a group of (deceased) bugs under the cushion. seems like some sort of a beetle but had bed bugs in the past and wanted to double-check. any ideas on an ID for these?

http://imgur.com/a/YarWy#0

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 23 2015 23:06:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Definitely not a bed bug. Looks like it might be a cigarette beetle or drugstore beetle. Wait for an expert to confirm the specific ID.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 24 2015 7:35:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Confirming 100% not bedbug. Its a beetle.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. storeking

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 24 2015 13:41:29
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks, guys! appreciate the feedback!

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 24 2015 14:00:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a cigarette beetle. Could be a drugstore beetle, but can't say for sure due to picture quality and positioning of beetle.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 24 2015 14:07:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Lou!

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Apr 14 2015 10:08:06
    #

Login to Send PM

The beetle might not be a stored product pest such as the drugstore beetle, Stegobium paniceum. It could be a related species, possibly Anobium punctatum, the common furniture beetle. Or at any rate an anobiine ptinid beetle. Can't really say for sure due to beetle position and quality of image.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,432 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams