Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Found furniture had bed bugs

(3 posts)
  1. pandeus

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Apr 13 2016 21:21:37
    #

Login to Send PM

So today I found a love seat and sofa behind aarons, and I asked the store about it and they said it had minor defects and was free to take. I took it, thinking it was ok considering it was wrapped in plastic (found out later that was because of bb's) and took it to my home. Currently the home is uninhabited because its a trailer I purchased and am re-doing the subfloors. I brought it in and unwrapped it. then bugs just started coming out of the wood works, well, seams of the cushions. I freaked out, threw the couch and love seat out and placed it beside my house, around 2-3 feet away for removal tomorrow. Im just curious and deathly worried if they will swarm my house from the furniture being that close and infest. Please, im desperate, any and all info will be greatly appreciated.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Apr 14 2016 6:42:30
    #

Login to Send PM

The bed bugs that have crawled off the couch will get into or harbor in places in the trailer. Of course, Aarons should not have told you that the furniture had minor defects and that it was really bed bug infested. This is based on that there wasn't more furniture there and they referred to a different piece of furniture.
    It's easier to treat your trailer since it is basically empty. You should first treat, wait a day, inspect and see how treatment has fared, and then you can work in the trailer as you noted above. There might be a problem if you treat and you want to do construction and begin moving materials that have been treated. You can't use dusts because you will be moving them and making airborne as you work. Don't know where you are located, so not sure what is labeled for your area in regard to bed bug sprays. Not sure what the insides of your trailer look like to know where bed bugs may have gone and how many "jumped ship" during your unwrap time and when you dragged the couch outside. It is unwrapped now?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. pandeus

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Apr 14 2016 9:52:31
    #

Login to Send PM

yes the furniture is unwrapped now. within the time span of about 5 minutes from seeing the bugs I removed the furniture. its all outside now, im just worried they're gonna crawl into the house. Im not so worried about any that may have taken off while the furniture was still in the house because of how short the time span was. Thank you for replying.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45