Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Found egg or larva, split open lengthwise---flea??

(2 posts)
  1. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jan 17 2015 7:27:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I was in my kitchen, barefooted, and it felt like something tried to climb my foot. Something tiny, like an insect on the floor. Meh, could have been static.

I used a swiffer with murphys oil soap out of an abundance of paranoia, and looked at the cloth when done. (Good lord, I can't throw anything out without examining it, it seems. What a pita lol).

Saw what looked like either an egg, or a larva (?), perhaps 1/4 inch, white, looked split open from the side. I tried to google it but there's not much description on how various insect life stages actually emerge--from the end, or does the capsule split? I thought bb emerged from the end of the egg....?

Just wondering if anyone has a clue what I found. I haven't been blessed with any noticeable bites lately, but my cat does appear to have flea eggs again, despite 2 months of Revolution, 3 weeks of daily vaccuuming, and two rounds if Precor.

If it helps, my kitchen floor is single tiles, lots of gaps, lots of places for insects of all kinds to hide...I looked and saw nothing, but pretty sure something's in there. I'm not scared, just a little creeped out.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jan 19 2015 7:51:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sounds most likely to be a carpet beetle larval skin.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982