Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

found dead bug skin-problem? [a: carpet beetle larva]

(5 posts)
  1. overthehedge

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 29 2015 16:16:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry for the long post.

I have been itchy for over a year and thought it was pregnauncy related. My daughter is now 6 months so I decided it wasn't due to her. About a month ago I started getting hives. I notice the hives at night. I am the most itchy in the middle of the night when I wake up to nurse my daughter. I get hives on my arms and stomach but yet to have them on my legs which is where I itch the most.

I went to the doctor shortly after getting hives. He told me to take an antihistimene for two weeks and let him know. For the first couple of days I did not get hives or itch. While taking the antihistime I did not get hives at all but I did still itch after the first couple of days. The doctor told me to get allergy tested. The testing is quite pricey so I am looking for alternatives of what it might be before I get tested. Last week, I found a dead skin of a bed bug, (compared to photos on-line) on the pajamas of my daughter. My husband searched the house and located dead skins under the carpet in my daughters room but haven't found anything else. I have also sat in the lazy boy chair and started itching. I took a strip of tape to the chair and didn't find anything related to bugs.

We got a new mattress and took out the booksprings. My husband located a long white bug and a couple of others inside the boxspring but no bed bugs. I can't find how to post pictures of what we found.

Any ideas of what the white bug might be? And if we could possibly have a bed bug problem if we are only finding dead skins? My husband used to be a carpet cleaner and thought possibly he might have brought the problem home.

2. overthehedge

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 29 2015 16:31:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a couple of pictures but can't figure out how to post them.

3. cleanallthethings

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 29 2015 16:58:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi overthehedge, you can upload photos to imgur without having an account there. Here are the steps I followed:

- Go to http://imgur.com/ and click the "upload images" button at the top of the page
    - choose one of the upload options, I used "browse your computer"
    - choose file from computer wherever you have it saved, and click Open
    - click Start Upload
    - once it uploads, scroll down the page and find the "Share this Image" section on the right side of the page and click the "More" button
    - copy the code from the Direct Link box and paste that link here in the forum.
    (alternatively, copy and past the BBCode(Forums) link if you want the image itself to show in your post, instead of just the link to the photo.)

Hope that helps, and sorry to hear about your situation. One of the pros here can probably help with the ID once you can upload the photos.

4. overthehedge

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Oct 4 2015 12:22:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hope this works!

Can someone tell me what these are?

http://imgur.com/a/KnwMQ

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Oct 4 2015 12:31:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Light tan colored elongate object looks like a carpet beetle larva. Other items out of focus. Don't see any bed bug parts or bodies.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,173 posts in 46,246 topics over 140 months by 20,386 of 21,217 members. Latest: VAhouse, dontpanic, Koroifox