(2 posts)
  1. pleasebebatbugs

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jul 2 2013 18:16:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello!

Two days ago my boyfriend woke up to a bug crawling on him. Without looking at it, he squashed it and found it to be full of blood. We sleep with our dog in the bed (I know, I know)... so at first I assumed it would have to be a tick. I couldn't sleep anymore after that and got up only to find three bugs (that look alot like bed bugs) on the floor heading toward the closet (this was at 7am). I recalled finding two more bugs that looked the same a few days earlier on our bedding, but this was after we had picked it up off the floor and put it on the bed... and we found nothing else after that so I didn't even think about it being bed bugs.

I am paranoid about bedbugs, I check our bed almost every week. We checked our bed and found nothing, no bugs, no markings, no eggs. It is pristine. Regardless, we immediately went out and bought mattress covers designed for allergies and bed bugs and taped them right down with duct tape. We also bought caulking and sealed the edges of our baseboards and all of the cracks in the walls. There were ALOT of cracks in the closets. All the clothes were bagged up and washed, and bedding and pillows were thrown out. We found a few more bugs on our bedding, but think they might have got caught before they had a chance to go back to the closet (where the rest were hiding). I bought double sided tape and put a line around the base boards, and half way up the walls all around. I put the tape around the door ways and across the floors of the door ways. I also made a 6 inch double sided tape around our bed (which we moved out from the wall) and put some around the legs of our bed too ( we have a metal bed frame, and no bugs there either). I sprinkled DE around and under the bed and in the closets. That night I found one single bug on a baseboard. The following day I found one in the closet (I had been vacuuming cracks, even though they're sealed to make sure). There are huge cracks in our hardwood, I'm not sure why they wouldn't go in there, why the closet? I have found ZERO bugs on any of the tape or traps I put out. Absolutely none have come after us and we have been sleeping in the bed, baiting them. We did find a few casts in the closets.

My question is (and my hope) because we have absolutely nothing on our bed and both haven't been bit (with the exception of my boyfriend finding the first one - which could have been a tick anyway), and with them all heading to the closet, could these be bat bugs? The siding fell off part of our house near the attic about a 5 weeks ago, and where we live bats are an issue. Nothing seems to add up to bed bugs. Is it possible for them to just completely ignore the bed and go for the closet?!

I should add, we have a chimney behind our closets and the attic is right above our bedroom. It has been insanely hot here lately which makes my boyfriend think the bats might have vacated the attic in favor of something cooler, which would send bat bugs our way.

Any help would be appreciated! (Sorry for the essay!)

2. pleasebebatbugs

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jul 2 2013 21:06:42
    #

Login to Send PM

We just got the call from the exterminator - they're bat bugs! Exterminator is coming tomorrow to get rid of them, and we should be bug free!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,396 posts in 50,186 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123