Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Found bug in kitchen 4 mo. after heat treatment; PCO thinks lone bug??

(5 posts)
  1. NewMove

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 26 2013 12:20:52
    #

Login to Send PM

OK. I am very confused. See my previous post: http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/had-heat-treatment-4-months-ago-bed-bug-found-in-kitchen-this-weekend

I suffered from BBs last fall in my condo and had them successfully treated with heat. No problems for 4 months. Then, bam… I start noticing bites just a couple weeks ago, and found a bed bug crawling on my kitchen floor just this past Saturday night at 10pm. No other signs though. No fecal spots. Nothing.

My PCO came in and identified it as a definite adult BB (it was unfed). He even took it with him to show groups that he educates, because it is such a good example. Dear Lord help me. Anyway, he seems to think that it is a lone bug that somehow got in off of some recent furniture that arrived on the day I saw it, due to its weird location in the kitchen. I did have some packing materials laying on the kitchen floor. I am concerned that I got it via a common wall from a neighbor, and now I am concerned that this is how they got here in the first place back last Fall. The PCO doesn’t seem to think so.

He wants me to just watch and wait, and get a mattress and box spring encasement to aid in detection (which I am going to do), but I’m going nuts. I woke up today with a bite on my hip and on my arm. I know, they could be anything, but they are just too darn similar to what I had last Fall. I am thinking I need to have a K9 in. Any advice? Any thoughts? Any similar experiences? I am so depressed. I want to enjoy my home, and I can’t.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 26 2013 12:39:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Have you checked with all adjoining neighbours to make sure non of them have bedbugs. If you have not done this yet then this is the first and most important step.

Bedbugs in kitchens and bathrooms is most commonly a sign of an adjoining issue which could be the source of your issue.

Although K9 inspections can be useful when the handler is skilled at visual confirmation it is only going to give you info on inside your own home and if its adjoining its not going to be detected this way.

Also a little concerned that they wanted to keep the sample as an example specamin as frankly anyone who really is passionate about bedbugs is not short of samples, at any given point I have over 5,000 live and 10,000 dead bedbugs in my research area.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Koebner

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 26 2013 18:20:04
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 5 hours ago  » [...] at any given point I have over 5,000 live and 10,000 dead bedbugs in my research area.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

David, once again you seem to forget that you are one of God's special little people.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 26 2013 18:57:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Not at all Koebner, I just hold high standards and expectations in association with the use of the word professional.

David

5. NewMove

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Feb 27 2013 9:33:53
    #

Login to Send PM

David,
    I thank you so much for responding. I will not be surprised if this is coming from an adjoining unit. When I had my heat treatment, my condo association president was not aware of any problems, nor was my neighbor across the hall. However, there is an adjacent condo in the building that shares a common will with my kitchen and master bedroom. This condo is a separate "section" so to speak, so is not technically a formal neighbor (their section has a separate door), but they do share a wall. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I believe there was a lady that lived there who recently passed away, and her daughter now owns the unit, but lives out of state. If bugs are there without a host, I'm sure they're going to seek one out. I am going to contact someone that lives in that section of the condo building today and see if they can provide further info. on who exactly lives in that adjoining unit, because I will need to contact them.

I am having the k9 come in. I will keep you posted on how things turn out. Any further insights or tips, especially when dealing with neighbors, are appreciated!

Thanks

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,308 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo