ID please/Found around bed, been getting bit

(6 posts)
  1. Emarmon

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Aug 25 2018 16:27:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I may be paranoid, but I've been getting bit 1-2x a week with single red welts that are super itchy. So I start googling and now I've convinced myself I have bed bugs. Besides dust, I did find this around my bed. Could it be a Roly Poly or similar? I don't think they bite, but didn't find any evidence of BB on/under my bed.

2. Emarmon

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Aug 25 2018 16:27:57
    #

Login to Send PM

3. Emarmon

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Aug 25 2018 16:29:56
    #

Login to Send PM

4. micachica

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Aug 25 2018 16:57:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Aug 25 2018 18:10:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Emarmon - 1 hour ago  » 
    I may be paranoid, but I've been getting bit 1-2x a week with single red welts that are super itchy. So I start googling and now I've convinced myself I have bed bugs. Besides dust, I did find this around my bed. Could it be a Roly Poly or similar? I don't think they bite, but didn't find any evidence of BB on/under my bed.

Not an isopod, but an insect. It's the larva of a carpet beetle, a species of Anthrenus. The brush-like setae at its rear have been known to cause a dermatitis, often misidentified as bed bug bites. That might be what is happening to you. Probably more of these larvae living in your home.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. Emarmon

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Aug 25 2018 20:32:23
    #

Login to Send PM

@loubugs
    Thank you! I found a BUNCH of these (mostly dead) upon further inspection. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls