Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Found a dry & dead bug on my bed, bedbug?

(3 posts)
  1. mngreg

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 22 2018 13:37:19
    #

Login to Send PM

This morning I was doing laundry and noticed this seemingly very dead and dry bug next to where my head usually is on the bed. I'm 95% sure it's a bedbug (and I know a fair bit about the damn things). However, it's a little unusual in that I looked all over my room and saw no signs of an infestation (ie: black poo stains around the bed / under my dresser / under my little couch / around the edges of the wall, no cast skins, no blood marks on my sheets, no other bugs).

I've lived in this current place for about 2 years with no issues. We have upstairs neighbours but I don't think they have them.

My best case scenario theory is that because of recent spring cleaning (involving opening all the windows, etc) a gust blew in and knocked a bug down from a perch above my bed (the place is 100 years old and there are cracks around the mouldings / edges of the ceiling near my bed). Seems kinda of far fetched but I suppose anything is possible.

So, is it a bed bug? Do really old bugs look like this? Should I panic, call a PCO, or remain calm? Thanks for the help!

Photos

2. ijustwannasleep

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 22 2018 13:47:41
    #

Login to Send PM

It does look like a bed bug to me, but I am no expert. I would at the very least call someone to perform an inspection.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 23 2018 17:58:37
    #

Login to Send PM

mngreg:
    Too bad you couldn't get closer to the insect before taking a picture. It looks like an adult bed bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls