Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Found a dead one

(5 posts)
  1. Tim m

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 16:30:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone who has followed my BB story knows I had a heat treatment on the 18th. Well today while sweeping my kitchen I found my first dead BB adult one. I think it was old it was very flat and dry I went to pick it up and it fell apart.

I'm just freaking out I hope it was stuck in the broom and me sweeping unstuck it. Well the broom is now in the dumpster. Not really sure on what to do my landlord office is closed today. Just super bummed out first time seeing one since treatment was done.

2. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 21:15:00
    #

Login to Send PM

But it's dead. Sounds like it's super dead, at that. Only live BBs warrant calling a landlord or PCO as it's not unusual at all to find dead ones after treatment. In fact, that could very well mean your treatment was very successful.

Don't be bummed finding a dead one, but happy. Be bummed if you find a live one.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  3. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 21:37:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I totally agree with NoMoreBuggs! We want DEAD ones! Especially flat, brittle, crumbly dead ones. Claim it as a small victory.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  4. Chucklehead

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 22:58:40
    #

Login to Send PM

ya that could be the dead bug walking that bit you post treatment!

5. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 11:23:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Well the dead bugs killed by the heat have to be somewhere. They don't turn to ash. No need to worry.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,635 posts in 50,004 topics over 154 months by 21,866 of 22,347 members. Latest: gingerstelpa, jaa5108, fightingback