Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

found a bed bug....help! male or female?

(8 posts)
  1. missbrittney02@yahoo.com

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 28 2013 9:38:29
    #

Login to Send PM

My boyfriend and I just moved into an apartment 12 days ago and two mornings ago around 5am I got up with my boyfriend before work and felt something crawling on my chest. My boyfriend got it off and squished it and it was full of blood. I went crazy thinking it was a tick but after hours on the internet I've realized its a bedbug. I'm 7 months pregnant and have gotten no sleep the past two nights due to this bedbug. I have taken apart all the plugs in the house looking for their hiding places, I've looked for places in the carpet where it could life up, took our box spring cover off and searched high and low and have found nothing. We have no other furniture yet but our bed. I called our manager and they are sending a pest control guy out Tuesday but he doesn't do bed bugs because she said "our apartment complex has none" I'm 100% sure we didn't have them at our old house with our parents so they have to be from here. Is it possible that there was just one? And if so is this one a female?! Please someone HELP!!

2. Bayonnebedbug

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 28 2013 9:47:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi I'm no expert
    But you might want to remove your email address - it show up as your screen name.
    Rob

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 28 2013 13:28:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Can you please post the image with a higher file size. I am far from convinced its a bedbug and would need to see a lot more detail.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. missbrittney02@yahoo.com

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 28 2013 15:51:32
    #

Login to Send PM

This is the best photo I can get because I only have my cell phone

5. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 28 2013 16:13:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bug, an adult male.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 28 2013 16:31:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yeah sorry it is.

The first image looked too similar to a circadia skin and its ever wise to guess when a better image can confirm.

Sorry it's not better news.

David

7. missbrittney02@yahoo.com

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 28 2013 16:44:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it possible to just find one? And if so I thought females are the ones to usually wonder off but I've searched high and low and I'm not experienced at all but I think if we had an infestation I'd find signs under the mattress or box spring. I'm up all night stressing out and constantly shining my flash light which probably does nothing.but I'm hoping to find something because its not not common to just get one. You are positive this one is a male? At least that's good news to me I was worried it was a female and laid eggs ):

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Feb 28 2013 16:56:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes there are regular threads on occasions where it's just one bedbug, have a search and you will see.

It's also worth working through the FAQ's as understanding at this stage can really help avoid turning your life upside down unnecessarily.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,845 posts in 50,049 topics over 155 months by 21,878 of 22,364 members. Latest: Datnguyen, Mariam, GoingBananas