Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Found 3 adult bed bugs across a number of weeks - advice on nymphs please!

(1 post)
  1. Ruthy27

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Apr 7 2018 9:25:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi!

I discovered an adult bed bug after waking up with more bites a week after dismissing a few bites as mosquito bites. After investigating I found it and killed it. I then thought it may only be one random bed bug on it's own, so bought some spray as a precaution and left it at that. I then woke up with more bites about a week later, and after investigating further found another two. I was gutted! I called a pest control guy who checked everywhere, found no signs of anything else, and said he could treat as a precaution or I could see how it goes.

I decided to try a few DIY things, ground up silica gel beads, lavendar spray, and double sided tape round my bed.

So far the tape has caught and killed 5 nymphs as far as I can tell. My question is this: for how long do you think I will have to keep this tape around my bed? How long can these nymphs survive without feeding?

I have found myself in an odd situation as my flat for 2 years has been fine... I stayed at a friend's without realising they had them and have realised they came from there. I am still waiting to see how the whole thing unfolds, but am hoping I don't need to pay for professional treatment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

275,943 posts in 45,404 topics over 138 months by 19,949 of 20,709 members. Latest: trailblazer, Bostonbugs1994, jtihonly