Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Found 1 bedbug, house and cars were cleared, what now?

(2 posts)
  1. nervousaboutbedbugs

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Dec 12 2011 20:30:29
    #

Login to Send PM

In September, I found a recently fed adult bedbug crawling on my pants while I was driving. I had just left work, and had been in the car for about 15 minutes. I killed it and brought it to the local university for identification.

I came home and tore the bed apart looking for evidence, and found a lot of suspect blood markings at the foot of the bed. I mean, a LOT of them. I had a bedbug dog team (2 dogs) come through the house about a week later and was shocked when they gave me the all clear.

The following day I bought brand new white sheets and started locking my dog out of the bedroom. I think it's safe to say that the marks I was finding on the sheets were due to a scratch on my dog's paw.

About 5 weeks after the initial inspection, I had the dog team back out. I figured that by then a small infestation would have grown to the point that they couldn't miss it. Again, all clear. They also checked the car I was driving in when I found the bug.

So, what do I do now? I considered having a non-dog PCO inspection, but I don't have a lot of options near here. I have interceptors on the bed, but I always wake up with my sheet hanging on the floor so I can't imagine they're going to do much good. My husband wants me to return to life as usual, but I don't want to expose anyone by not taking precautions. There was, after all, a bedbug crawling up my leg!

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Dec 12 2011 20:49:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert, but read your first post. It sounds like you've done everything you can at this point. We'll see what the experts say. You may want to link your first post in case people would get a better understanding from reading it (although they can find it on your profile).

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago