(3 posts)
  1. NAME_DENIED

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Nov 17 2019 11:21:31
    #

Login to Send PM

When I search the forum ...
    ... what sort order are my results being displayed?

OR VERY SPECIFICALLY

ARE MY SEARCH RESULTS COMING BACK IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER?

Are there any filter or sort controls over these results?

I'm using the forum from an iPhone 6s and sometimes my iPad Mini ... I'm NOT digging to get at my laptop as it's not been compromised in this mess so, it's staying where it is for now.

... OH THE THINGS I COULD SHARE ...

I'M CURRENTLY STANDING AT THE EDGE OF
    MY USUAL INSANITY & ENTERING INTO NEXT LEVEL LUNATIC
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Nov 17 2019 12:04:51
    #

Login to Send PM

The search function is a Google tool but it’s not very perfect and doesn’t allow the level of control one would desire. The forums will soon be migrated to another platform and I hope to provide a better search tool then.

Please note that using ALL CAPS is considered shouting on the internet, and I ask that you stop doing this in your titles and posts. Thanks.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. NAME_DENIED

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sun Nov 17 2019 13:29:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 37 minutes ago  » 
    The search function is a Google tool but it’s not very perfect and doesn’t allow the level of control one would desire. The forums will soon be migrated to another platform and I hope to provide a better search tool then.
    Please note that using ALL CAPS is considered shouting on the internet, and I ask that you stop doing this in your titles and posts. Thanks.

I'm familiar with Internet and forum etiquette (for the most part anyway, certainly this particular) ... I can totally respect your request ... I have tried in many all caps cases, sometimes due to the length of content, to accentuate points for anyone skimming the post, in other places, like the thread titles, so I can FIND my threads easily. I'm not up for attempting to use HTML code when I'm not familiar while working with a 2.5"x 2.5" iPhone 6s screen ... I'm sure that is understandable, correct?
    Could we agree that I can use caps in some cases ... if I straightforward address my intent in my signature so others understand it's not shouting, it's for visual ease overall and because.... The other reason I often default to all caps is that in my many Instagram posts (irrelevant to any of this), I use all capitals in graphic images so, my phones predictive text often defaults to words being in all capitals ... to speed up my writing I'll often just turn all caps on and allow my predictive text to benefit me, OTHERWISE (see that was automatically turned into caps even without caps on) I have to erase the word and retype it three times before it'll override it's 'trained' input.'

If you're sticking with your request regarding caps ... I can respectfully honor that ..... I'm just letting you know, that, for me, such means my typing actions will take me even longer.
    I've not set my phone down once since my first post today ... however long that has been is how many minutes I've spent here in the forum typing (without any editing initially, only after I've posted do I go back) all that's been posted here ... it's a ridiculous amount of time I'm using already ... but this morning I chose not to care how long it takes me to get the post posted because ... it's even more ridiculous that after 18 days of knowing I have these bugs, I've held back on nearly 15 other posts ... Instead I've Cut and pasted them to my notes as I've been super insecure about the length, the content and my expression and my unique personal pre-existing factors ... I've only left the house twice since October 27th, not slept for more than a couple hours at a time throughout this time, have ate maybe a total of 5 meals and otherwise a piece of toast here or there when I can swallow...
    ... haven't had any success in my attempts to reach out to a long list of supposed community supports (my psychiatrist and the mental health association included) and have seen days and days go by where I can't find the info I need to clear up any confusion I have or conflicting info I've found. I chase my tail on one thing in question, finding my effort in that landing me with 10 more questions. I can't take much more. I'm about ready to give up and I've not even really started. Defeats everyone's efforts if people liked myself say screw it, I'll just live with them and control population at best (and THAT IS NOT (caps intended) how I truly want to be, that terrifies me).

I know very clearly what would be helpful for me ... and it's not meds or someone to talk to (I have talked myself out with two long distance contacts I have),
    ... what I need is clarity for my confusion and concise directive with steps suited for my variables ... despite how much of a lunatic I sound like (I just don't care what I sound like anymore (of course I don't mean I don't care if it seems like I'm shouting) ... because I AM IN FACT very close to extreme measures (NOT implying suicide by any means) so it really makes no difference what others perceive (tho again, I'm NOT INTENDING to shout with my use of caps).

Please give me a heads up privately if you so feel the need to ban me from the site ... all I need is to understand the premise for doing so, be it I agree or not doesn't matter, knowing is helpful so to prevent a downward spiral of thought patterns stemming from one of my dx's.

I appreciate all you're doing with this site and provide here and .... the size of task to switch over, I can only imagine is astronomical ... I've not overlooked these particulars ... by all means I don't want to make anyone's anything harder and I often try to proceed with consideration of others in my calculations . In the case of CAPS ... in the dwindling popularity of forums by social media existenc, I didn't project use of CAPS would still be a matter of sensitivity where I'm explaining vs directly replying to someone... So I do apologize.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123