Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Improve the Site

Forum Search Feature

(4 posts)
  1. MeltySpatulae

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Sep 16 2013 15:27:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Mostly a suggestion for Nobugs, but, having been making excessive use of the search functionality on here lately, I was wondering if anyone else would find a "sort by date" option valuable, and if it were possible to actually do?

The only place I've seen that option is when you do a search by tag, but, unfortunately, not all posts are properly tagged. And using Google directly, but limiting to this site, doesn't seem to pick up all the threads either.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Sep 17 2013 2:30:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Melty,
    Good idea. I will look into it!

Hmm, Google should be bringing up all the threads. Can you give me an example of something not working in that department?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. MeltySpatulae

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Sep 17 2013 2:44:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmm, it seems buggy (no pun intended), but sometimes Google will get them all, and sometimes it won't. If, for example, you search using the sidebar, try "sf pcos" and ""sf pcos"" (with the quotes), and then compare to using Google for the same. With quotes, you get 5 each, but without quotes, there are 758 results using the sidebar, but only 661 using Google (https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sf%20pcos%20url%3Abedbugger.com#hl=en&q=sf+pcos+site:bedbugger.com)

Though, at the same time, you still don't have the ability to sort by thread activity with Google, so it'd be nice to have this somehow!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Sep 18 2013 0:09:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I will see if there is a plugin which does this!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714