FOR SALE -German Shepherd/Belgian Malinois-Scent Detectors for Bed Bugs +EXTRAS

(18 posts)
  1. Be_Shan

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 9 2013 10:49:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I am selling two professionally trained scent detector canines for use in detecting bed bugs. Please refer to this craigslist ad if you are interested or have any questions.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/for/3988737124.html

Thank you.

2. BedBugFrog

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 9 2013 10:58:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Are you upgrading to frogs or getting out of the business?

K Greenback
    NESDFA

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 9 2013 11:10:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, but I have a patent, trademark, plus any and all copyrights having to do with Bed Bugs and frogs.

Please chose another name or I'll be forced to have my frog protecting lawyers stomp on your lily pad. =)

4. BedBugFrog

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 9 2013 11:22:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Mr Queen,

If you would care to provide me with the IP number for your TM I will take it under advisement with my lawyers at Ribbit, Ribbit and Hopoff.

However until we have verified its existence we will continue to use our methods. At the end of the day we feel that the enhanced efficiency of amphibians will soon be apparent to all.

K Greenback
    NESDFA

5. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 9 2013 13:14:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Well K greenback, if you think the frogs are good I have the latest in all things bed bugs. My research using turtles for bed bug detection seems to be outperforming some of my best frogs.

I'm looking to corner this market but I can't do it alone. A partnership is something I think could be very fruitful for the two of us. Let me know if you wanna have a beer and some frog legs one night as we discuss a possible new adventure. Common don't be a frog in a turtle race.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 9 2013 13:27:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Reminder of the site's policy on classifieds from the Forum Rules:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/forum-rules-please-read

Policy on classifieds

Even if you are not in the bed bug product/service business, please do not post offers to sell or donate secondhand bed bug-related merchandise. Consumers selling one item (for example, a used Packtite) may post such offers on eBay or Craigslist, and then post a link here in a new thread (once) referring us to it. Going through a site like eBay offers security to buyers and sellers, and it means the transactions take place under the aegis and rules of the relevant site. If you post to eBay or Craigslist but prefer that someone from this site get the item, you may ask them to mention they saw the post here and to give you their username for confirmation.

Although the poster above is "in the business," he appears to be a "consumer" of bed bug dogs in the sense that he's only selling his two dogs, not marketing them as an ongoing concern.

For this reason, I decided to allow this post. Remember that transactions in such cases should happen via Craigslist, not our site.

Questions about the dogs are okay here though.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. BedBugFrog

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 9 2013 13:27:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Mr Queen,

My legal advisors have said that I should refrain from discussing species specificity with you until an NDA is in place.

We are more than aware of your work with turtles but so are the world wildlife fund, they are protected by more than just a shell.

We also have some research from leading etymographers to support out claim of 99% accurate and 50% reliable an the footage is on YouTube to prove it. We have the finest minds in the country on our advisory board so why not come and see then at a Louisiana headquarters (I have it on good authority you can't get decent push puppies north of the Mason Dixson.

K

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 9 2013 13:34:18
    #

Login to Send PM

And for Messrs. Greenback and KillerQueen,

I believe I have the ideal detection animal for bed bugs: bed bugs. Or as my trademark states, Bed Bug Bed BugsTM.

You see, there's this whole aggregating pheromone business.

So I paint my bed bugs hot pink (I got that idea from Dr. Potter's recent study on bed bug movements -- PDF), and then I release them and say "Find your friends!" and they go and find some "friends" from among the existing population.

And so I just have to follow them and they bring me right to harborages.

Or start new ones. (Nothing is 100%.)

But the hot pink really stands out!

However, additional colors will be available for a nominal fee, including stealth black and racing stripes.

9. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Aug 9 2013 23:13:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sticking with my bed bug tracking fire ants, suddenly bed bugs don't seem so bad. I tried a bed bug barracuda but they only detected seabed bugs. And as for NoBugs comment "he appears to be a "consumer" of bed bug dogs" that's disgusting and do they taste just like chicken? Good luck with the bed bug painting and don't forget polka dots or perhaps small bulls eyes.

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Aug 11 2013 10:57:02
    #

Login to Send PM

You're right, Winston, I walked right into that one!

Instead of painted on bull's eye targets, could we get ticks to bite the bed bugs? Just curious.

11. NY Bug Man

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Aug 11 2013 13:22:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed Bug Frogs?

Where do i sign up, and how much?

12. BedBugFrog

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Aug 11 2013 14:38:12
    #

Login to Send PM

NY Bug Man - 1 hour ago  » 
    Where do i sign up, and how much?

We will have a sign up sheet shortly but are thinking of launching this via crowd source funding in the style of kickstarter and a social media spam bomb and maybe an appearance of Dr Oz (since we now have something to deal with his "jumping" bedbugs).

The training program is working well as the bedbugs become the food reward as well as part of the control strategy. In fact it is working so well we may even hire them out as "green" bedbug control.

I will try and get some footage on YouTube this week.

K

13. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Aug 11 2013 15:00:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't recommend crowd source funding. Joint venture with angel investors and confidentiality agreements are the way to go. Haven't you watched shark tank (I watched it for 10 minutes once).

Sincerely,

Belle Genouille

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  14. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Aug 12 2013 13:43:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Some items on programs like shark tank are not about resolving problems or creating vetted products but about marketing and ROI.

15. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Aug 12 2013 21:59:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 3 days ago  » 
    I believe I have the ideal detection animal for bed bugs: bed bugs. Or as my trademark states, Bed Bug Bed BugsTM.
    So I paint my bed bugs hot pink (I got that idea from Dr. Potter's recent study on bed bug movements -- PDF), and then I release them and say "Find your friends!" and they go and find some "friends" from among the existing population.
    However, additional colors will be available for a nominal fee, including stealth black and racing stripes.

Hand painted with a brush or airbrushed on? I'm a sucker for a hotrod so I'm all in with the racing stripes.

16. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Aug 12 2013 22:20:29
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 20 minutes ago  » 

Nobugsonme - 3 days ago  » 

Hand painted with a brush or airbrushed on? I'm a sucker for a hotrod so I'm all in with the racing stripes.

I'll paint some with Airborne Division parachute symbols for you, John!

17. Elite K9

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Feb 10 2014 17:13:49
    #

Login to Send PM

where us the LIKE button for all these post?
    I really like the "pink painted" BB, go find your friends.

18. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Feb 12 2014 1:14:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Elite K9 - 1 day ago  » 
    where us the LIKE button for all these post?
    I really like the "pink painted" BB, go find your friends.

I will work this into the coming software upgrade...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19