(6 posts)
  1. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 0:35:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,
    I put a passive monitor under my couch on the dust cover on Saturday. Almost immediately after on Saturday it fell off. I put on again closer to the edge and when I checked tonight the only side still attached was the one almost touching the front where I guess there must be some wood. (I did not check it on Sunday). Can put scotch tape there to try to hold it up?
    Also, no one is sitting on there right now so do you think I need an active monitor? If there are bed bugs in the couch, will they eventually come out looking for food?
    Thanks.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 9:30:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

You may need to leave the couch on its back for a while to allow the adhesive to cure and attach better. Otherwise a double sided tape may be needed, just avoid extending it beyond the detection skirt.

I have already previously answered that second question. Please try to avoid the one step forward two steps backwards with me. I simply wont engage in areas where there is potential to extend rather than resolve.

Hope that is clear.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 15:30:09
    #

Login to Send PM

David,
    Thanks for your response. Now I see the problem. I am unable to put the couch on its back since it is large and my husband and I are senior citizens. Therefore, I attached it from underneath. I guess i now have to hold it underneath for a while so it can cure and adhere. Any suggestion on amount of time I should do that?

4. Panicked

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 16:08:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Really!!! Until it sticks?

5. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 9 2017 4:18:10
    #

Login to Send PM

The first few times I just put it on. The last time I pressed it against the couch dust cover for a while and that seems to have done the trick and it is sticking now for over a day - now just has to stay clear.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 9 2017 7:11:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I will also ask my team to put a technical note together and pass it down the line to the distributors. Its as a result of changes in the fire treatment on commercial beds which requires an adhesive that "cures" and a little weight helps that happen.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs