Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Flakes found in bed -- is this evidence?

(2 posts)
  1. Imsoscared333

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jul 4 2018 10:43:25
    #

Login to Send PM

After having my legs massacred by bites I've been checking my bed and mattress and everything every morning for the evidence (fecal spots, blood stains, etc.) However, all I'm finding is these flakes. I find more of the brownish red one than the yellow ones but that is all I'm finding.

Is this a typical sign of bed bugs to leave this flakes? I do not think the flake is blood because I wetted it and it doesn't break down

IMG_3110 by help me, on Flickr

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jul 4 2018 19:55:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Imsoscared333 - 9 hours ago  » 
    After having my legs massacred by bites I've been checking my bed and mattress and everything every morning for the evidence (fecal spots, blood stains, etc.) However, all I'm finding is these flakes. I find more of the brownish red one than the yellow ones but that is all I'm finding.
    Is this a typical sign of bed bugs to leave this flakes? I do not think the flake is blood because I wetted it and it doesn't break down

No, flakes have nothing to do with bed bugs.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956