FIVE treatments, still getting bit!

(15 posts)
  1. Jaebbh8rs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 11:56:26
    #

Login to Send PM

We’ve been fighting the good fight since early March. PCO has been out five times to treat the house and one treatment to the car. I’ve also had work inspect my desk & chair. PCO says there is no way they should be alive after all the chemicals he’s laid down, but this week I’ve reacted to bites 4 out of 5 days (reactions show up sometimes in the middle of the night, sometimes in the morning, sometimes around 8pm). We haven’t reintroduced any clothes into the house at all. We heat treat the bedding multiple times a week. I have been pretty lax with vacuuming. We haven’t seen any bugs, blood, fecal, shed skins....the PCO hasn’t seen any signs of any kind bug, much less a bb. We traded out our couches and traded out my boyfriend’s son’s platform wooden bed for a metal loft bed. When he stayed last weekend, he finally woke up 3 days in a row without bites. Our next move is to get rid of our wooden sleigh bed, thinking that they’re hiding really well in there. My landlord is pretty much at his wits end, along with our PCO. The PCO has mentioned bringing in another PCO to help him find anything he may be missing, which the landlord seems to be on board with, as well as using black lights to try to track movements. But our landlord is also talking of moving us into a new place that way he can rip out carpet, treat inside walls, etc.

This is mostly just a rant to make me feel somewhat better, however, any advice on how to go forward is greatly appreciated!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 12:01:34
    #

Login to Send PM

No new bugs is a good thing, sounds like things are working.
    Skin lesions can be caused by an almost infinite amount of possibilities, it could even be old bites flaring up again or a reaction to all the chemicals.
    Stick to the confirming signs, cast skins, fecal deposits and live samples.

3. Postpartum and Panicking

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 13:27:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Bigdummy- have you known of people who have reacted to the chemicals? Without any other physical evidence I am starting to suspect that my rash is maybe from the Cimexa all around the house. We haven’t seen any activity for many weeks but I am still reacting to something. Just thought I’d ask your expertise! Thanks!

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 13:44:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I do not wear gloves when I paint Cimexa onto surfaces. I prefer to work without gloves no matter what I'm doing because they just generate too much heat for my comfort. As a result my hands are noticeably dry very quickly because, well, it's a desiccant. When I used to use the puffer applicator it felt like I was inhaling drywall dust, even with a paper mask because of the size of the particulate. So I certainly believe that a desiccant dust can cause physical reactions, and the manufacturers acknowledge and address this directly on the packaging.
    I'm assuming that Cimexa is the mildest product that has been applied to the interior of your house and a reaction to any of the other chemicals is certainly a possibility. Add in the fact that the warm months are here and houses are starting to be closed off in favor of air conditioning so you remove the advantage of having fresh air passing through your house.

The good thing is there are no new signs, the physical reactions should slow down and then go away.

5. Postpartum and Panicking

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 13:56:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Bigdummy! Yes the PCO used Cimexa liberally and a residual pesticide as well. I have really sensitive skin so am hoping my rash is from those two things and not new bites/BBs . Each day without activity is a good day and makes me feel like we are finding success! Thanks again for the input

6. Jaebbh8rs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 18:19:48
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 6 hours ago  » 
    No new bugs is a good thing, sounds like things are working.
    Skin lesions can be caused by an almost infinite amount of possibilities, it could even be old bites flaring up again or a reaction to all the chemicals.
    Stick to the confirming signs, cast skins, fecal deposits and live samples.

That’s what I was thinking, however, most of the bites or spots are in new places and have reactions exactly like previous ones. There are a few that look more like a rash, but others that have the tell tale dot in the middle. My PCO also mentioned that I could be having a reaction to all of the spray, especially since he’s laid down so much. Thank you for your input!

7. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 22:12:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Would you mind posting a picture of your bites ?Thank you .

8. pampas

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jun 6 2019 14:14:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I have allergic reactions from the chemicals. After the second treatment I was itchy from head to toe. I only cleaned my desk and some tables and let the insecticide do its job, however, I am itchy when I come into contact with treated surfaces. The reaction is slowly fading, it's been now five days since the second treatment.

I know how I react to bites (being allergic all over) and I was worried about a new bite on my elbow a couple of days ago, but I am still not sure if it was a bed bug or just a reaction of an old bite (I had many real bites on that elbow some weeks ago) or maybe an allergic reaction to chemicals.

You should compare the new bites behaviour with the old ones, which you know were bed bugs.

9. Jaebbh8rs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jun 6 2019 20:04:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Iwantmylifeback - 21 hours ago  » 

10. Jaebbh8rs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jun 6 2019 20:13:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Iwantmylifeback - 21 hours ago  » 

Sorry I’m trying to figure out how to post this correctly, I think I have it figured out. These all showed up on different days. Also, I’m flirting with the idea of psychosomatic welts. I remember thinking at one point it was weird I would have spots show up after someone would ask me how it was going...

SPOTS

11. Jaebbh8rs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jun 6 2019 20:14:25
    #

Login to Send PM

12. Jaebbh8rs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jun 6 2019 21:30:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Iwantmylifeback - 23 hours ago  » 

Okay I finally figured out how to link to Flickr. Sorry for any confusion! The link is in my post above called “Spots”. Now that the initial flare up has calmed down, there actually doesn’t seem to be any dots... which could definitely be a good sign because I have scarring from all previous “spots”.

The more I’m on here, the more I toy with the idea of psychosomatic welts. I definitely remember thinking to myself around the 3rd or 4th treatment that it was weird I was getting “bites” the day after someone asked me if I had any new bites or after I talked to someone new about it. That would bring about more stress & with a weakened immune system, could cause flare ups. Maybe I’m just dreaming, but with no signs of bb life.. maybe no bb’s... we just took apart the bed frame to revacuum all the pieces and screw holes & didn’t see any live ones, casts, decal matter...nada.

13. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Jun 7 2019 11:40:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Jaebbh8rs for posting a pic of your skin reaction .It does look like a chemical reaction or just flare up which is good ,right
    My skin reaction is totally different .My bites look like a tiny cut or a red scratches .
    When I spray rubbing alkohol On it it’s like a stinging sensation so I know the skin has been broken (it looks broken,cut )and after a day or two a crust is form on it .
    That’s why probably I have been bitten for a long time never really paying attention to those reaction until I actually had seen live one crawling on my bed and then a lot of them inside of my dresser .(had 2 professional treatments done and numerous spraying on my own )haven’t seen anything for a long time but still being bitten once awhile .
    I am monitoring things all the time ,vacuuming and placing fresh Cimexa inside cracks and crevices of the floor and still keeping my stuff in bags .Iam sooo tired of that situation ...Thanx that this forum exist and knowing Iam not alone on this help me somehow to function.

14. seancruz92

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Jun 7 2019 13:38:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I've read in many sources that bites from bed bugs may not start a reaction until much later, especially if they are irritated to flare up from maybe a new detergent or an allergen, etc. They could very well be bed bug bites, but just from a while back flaring up now due to an irritant. Monitor your stress levels also, the mind is a powerful thing that connects to the bodies defenses. Since your body is used to releasing histamine upon reacting to the anticoagulant from bed bugs when they feed, your mind focusing on that very reaction could trick your body into thinking that it needs to defend itself. This could be psychosomatic triggering a physiological response.

15. Jaebbh8rs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jun 8 2019 17:18:16
    #

Login to Send PM

seancruz92 - 1 day ago  » 
    Monitor your stress levels also, the mind is a powerful thing that connects to the bodies defenses. Since your body is used to releasing histamine upon reacting to the anticoagulant from bed bugs when they feed, your mind focusing on that very reaction could trick your body into thinking that it needs to defend itself. This could be psychosomatic triggering a physiological response.

Yes! The mind is crazy. Our PCO at work asked me how I was doing yesterday & then we took a vacation this weekend. Sitting in the car for two hours (which we suspected had bug), staying in a hotel (obvious concerns there), and opening up our tub of clothes to find a backpack and pair of shoes my boyfriend packed (I was avoiding it at home because I felt it needed just ooooone more round in the dryer).... needless to say I woke up with a spot on my arm. But at least I can say this itches a lot less than I would have thought.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982