Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

First treatment a week ago...need advice!

(6 posts)
  1. Freakedout 16

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Feb 15 2019 10:36:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I had another thread on this form that was about prep questions. Short story 3 weeks ago I found one live bed bug in the entrance to my apartment by the carpet line and 2 live bed bugs outside my apartment on the welcome mat. My manager responded quickly and last Friday sent someone to do the first treatment. He wasn't in here long because we had found a live bug he didn't inspect he just sprayed and dusted at least I think he dusted. He encased both beds and entrapments on both beds as well. Because I live in an apartment I can't deal with the extermination company directly and any time I talk to my manager they seem secretive. There is no evidence of an infestation in my apartment I don't see any since that initial day I don't see any castings any eggs any fecal droppings no bites. We bagged up a lot of pillows and blankets after treating them with heat but was given no instructions if we can open them now very little after care instructions were given. So I guess my question is can a small bed bug problem eliminated after one treatment? Next Friday will be two weeks and they will come again to inspect I think. My apartment manager said they could be all gone it might just need one treatment. From what I read they say at least two treatments should I demand that? They also haven't told me what they sprayed and I don't think that's ethical but like I said very secretive. I just want some opinions can something like this in a one-bedroom apartment retreated after 1 treatment time? Thank you so much for anybody that answers

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Feb 15 2019 10:57:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Certainly an infestation can be removed in just one treatment, but when that happens no one posts a story about it, only the horror stories get posted.
    I would ask for the MSDS paperwork for anything used in your apartment.

Two bed bugs outside, on the welcome mat? That doesn't sound like a place I'd find bed bugs, do you have a photo?

3. Freakedout 16

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Feb 15 2019 12:15:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I still have them in my freezer. Confirmed to be bed bugs by two pewt control people. I can take a picture and try and post but they are frozen. I just found out Temprid was used.

4. Freakedout 16

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Feb 15 2019 12:21:10
    #

Login to Send PM

5. Freakedout 16

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Feb 15 2019 12:27:40
    #

Login to Send PM

6. SalsaVince

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Feb 15 2019 14:46:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Yep. Maybe one of the neighbors dragged stuff down the hall and got them there. In any case, if you haven't found any signs since then and you've been treated, you are in good shape. Don't open up your bags of pillows and sheets yet unless you need to use them. I'd leave them sealed up for a few more weeks in case they do need to come back for another treatment. It sounds like your apartment's management are very responsive and if you saw more bugs, they would follow up with another treatment so just keeps your eyes open. If a couple of weeks pass and you don't see anything, you probably don't need another one. The unofficial period to wait before being declared bed bug free is about 8 weeks without any new activity. Try to get back to normal and not worry too much about things that are out of your control.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982