Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

First time on the forum, need some serious advice? Steaming, rubbing alcohol...

(4 posts)
  1. hillelbebop

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 6 2015 10:00:14
    #

Login to Send PM

OK so here it is. My run in with bedbugs and I need someone's advice because I'm not sure what to do. So we moved about 3 months ago into a new place, and it has bed bugs. I already had encasements on the beds, but I'm seeing them in strange places? In my oldest son's room I saw a couple on his bed, so i stripped his bed and washed everything. In my toddler's room I saw them on the walls! And that was just the LAST straw! It's war and I have to win! But there is no evidence of them on his bed or bedding (but I washed them anyways), and in our room I have seen them on the wall next to our bed but again no evidence on our bed or bedding. After some research we are going the steam route, but I have some questions...

Should I buy new bed bug encasements?
    I hear rubbing alcohol kills the bed bugs and the eggs and also serves as a deterant. Is this true? And if so how often should I reapply?
    Are there any mainstream pesticides I can use after I steam everything that is effective afterwords? (Already going to use DE I have a large bad of food grade)
    Lastly, should I steam ALL the carpets or just do the walls, baseboards, corners, cracks and crevices? Along with all the furniture, of course!

And, of course, any other advice would be so so helpful. And to clear things up, we have encasements on our beds because we had a small issue with them at our other house before we moved but I was VERY CAREFUL when moving and washed everything, wiped down everything, and didn't take our major furniture (for other reasons) but the only place I ever saw them was my son's room at our old house and I got rid of them with DE but it was not nearly this bad so I'm having a hard time believing we brought all of this with us with this much activity in such a short period of time.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 6 2015 12:48:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Let me ask you a few questions.

Are you finding fecal stains?

You've been there three months, but what's the timeline for your finding bed bugs there? Did you suddenly discover them this week or have you been seeing signs for months?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. heebeejeebeez

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Apr 8 2015 10:33:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I hear rubbing alcohol kills the bed bugs and the eggs and also serves as a deterant. Is this true? And if so how often should I reapply?

If you try using isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) be mindful what you apply it to. I used it in a spray bottle on my bed frame and it left white stains on the wood finish that were hard to get off.

Not as hard to get rid of as BB's, but just to let you know.

4. hillelbebop

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 13 2015 18:10:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 1 week ago  » 
    Let me ask you a few questions.
    Are you finding fecal stains?
    You've been there three months, but what's the timeline for your finding bed bugs there? Did you suddenly discover them this week or have you been seeing signs for months?

I found them just a few weeks ago bute very day I see more. I have pulled my toddler's bed from the wall and ours but my oldest son has a plastic car bed and I'm not sure what tp do about that.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,592 posts in 46,609 topics over 142 months by 20,558 of 21,426 members. Latest: Takeabreath415, wierzbol, Helpwithdabuggaz2