First time bed bugs. Couch questions

(3 posts)
  1. Superallergic

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 14 2016 21:39:28
    #

Login to Send PM

So our neighbors and kind of friends both have bed bugs. They gave them to each other, two of them J and Chad been over and sat on our couch on different times.

I sit on the couch all the time and started getting bites a couple weeks ago. We ended up finding only 3 bed bugs. 2 on my bed right after I went to go to sleep after getting off the couch. And one on the couch another time.

Management had a guy come and spray last week. He's coming next week to spray again.

What do I do besides the cleaning of clothes and covering the beds and using inceptors? I vacuum regularly. Should I sit on the couch?

I've been sitting on the coffee table for the past two weeks, because I'm extremely allergic to the bites part of my calf became swollen after two bites on my ankle and calf. And since dealing with my bed and sitting on the coffee table I've had none.

I've seen nothing. I live with a roommate and his room seems to be free. And so does my room now. I'm not sure what to do now. I've also seen people telling folks to rip the mesh from under their couches? Should I do this to get a better idea of if we still have them?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 14 2016 22:33:38
    #

Login to Send PM

You really need to find visual evidence to be sure this is bed bugs. There are other things which cause similar skin reactions--pest and otherwise. And of course, bed bug bite reactions are typically delayed, so you may think you know you're being bitten in a certain time and place, but you may be wrong.

Pulling the mesh off the bottom of sofas and box springs might allow for better inspections. But you need to know what to look for and ideally someone experienced can be brought in to inspect your entire home.

I would personally sit on the sofa-- sitting on a table won't prevent bed bugs biting. If they are in the sofa, there should be visual evidence and they can be treated.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Superallergic

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 14 2016 23:22:23
    #

Login to Send PM

We did find 3 bed bugs,

I haven't had any bites since I starting sitting on the table. (i have a hope that is because we have a small infestation)
    I ended up going ahead and taking off the mesh, didn't find any more, but I can't see past a certain point inside.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,308 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo