(2 posts)
  1. WeltsAbound

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Sat Sep 15 2018 23:04:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

To recap, I am staying at my parents house this weekend for a family event. Before I came, put all packed clothing and shoes in the dryer for 30 mins, and toiletries in a Zip Loc. Arrives at their house, and immediately put all clothes (including what I was wearing) in their dryer for another 15 minutes.

Tonight, I saw a teeny tiny yellow/white bug as I lifted my pillow. It ran across the sheet fast, and unfortunately I squished it when I tried to pick it up--it squished very easily.

I have seen no fecal stains, no other signs of bugs here. I did have a small red blood spot on my t shirt yesterday morning.

What is the likelihood of a first instar traveling with me, vs it being some other bug indigenous to my parents guest room? It had no red in it. If it was an instar, how likely was it to be here alone?

I really would appreciate feedback. I know we newbies ask a lot of questions, but it's because we're feeling very alone and out of control, and this forum does a great service by soothing that a little. Thanks.

2. bugged-cdn

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Sep 16 2018 16:28:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Given the precautions you took I doubt you brought one with you. I've been through two infestations and took reasonable precautions to avoid spreading them, and by all accounts I was successful.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,257 posts in 46,267 topics over 141 months by 20,394 of 21,225 members. Latest: Llorenzaccio, morgan, mojo172