Finished treatment now neighbors infested APT

(3 posts)
  1. thwippersnapple

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 20:06:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Our third treatment was a little more than a week ago. We hadn't seen any signs of bedbugs from about a week before the final treatment. I unpacked most of the house and clothes because I was sick of living out of bags.
    We're in an apartment and now our upstairs neighbors just found out they have bedbugs. We're responsible for their treatment because we were the first apartment that reported a problem. I've got an awful pit in my stomach and I'm just imagining having to go through the entire process again. What can I do to help cut down the chances of reinfestation? I'm going to rebag and heat all our clothing again and start going through our things. Is there anything else I can do? I have bedbug interceptors on all our beds, mattress covers and double sided sticky tape on the walls that had bugs found.

What would you recommend?

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jul 31 2016 2:23:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. I am not an expert but rebagging and doing weekly inspections seems the best plan. Once the upstairs apartment is treated be vigilant as the bedbugs may flee from upstairs especially if they have a bad infestation.
    It seems a rather unfair rule that the apartment that first reports a problem pays for the next reported infestation.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Jul 31 2016 9:12:05
    #

Login to Send PM

thwippersnapple:
    "We're responsible for their treatment because we were the first apartment that reported a problem. I've got an awful pit in my stomach and I'm just imagining having to go through the entire process again."

The first people to report a problem are not necessarily the first people to have the problem. You would have to compare the infestations in both. The infestation could be in yet another apartment and no one reported the infestation. Could be a laundry room where infestations had been transferred. And why isn't the landlord responsible for vermin in the apartments? The exterminator (PMP/PCO) is from the landlord? He/she didn't examine adjoining apartments when infestation identified in yours? Where do you live? Maybe someone will post information for tenants' rights for a particular city once you do that.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,173 posts in 46,246 topics over 140 months by 20,386 of 21,217 members. Latest: VAhouse, dontpanic, Koroifox