Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

*Fingers Crossed* Success Story (7 weeks w/o a sighting)

(4 posts)
  1. bostonbugger

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Dec 6 2016 10:11:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I want to start out by saying thank you to all previous posters for giving me hope and motivation throughout this entire process--- it’s been nice knowing that there is in fact a light at the end of the tunnel.

My epic journey to ridding my house of bedbugs began in May/June of 2016. I live in a single family home (no shared walls) but recently returned from school/had a lengthy medical stay in a local hospital. I kept waking up around 3 or 4 in the morning anxious with welts on my arms and ankles. I kept thinking I was being bitten by mosquitoes or was simply having hives from anxiety/lack of sleep. This continued on for about a month. Flash forward to late July when one early morning I’ve had enough and am sure that I am currently being bit by something around 3 AM. I pull up the flashlight on my phone and see several bugs zinging around on my bed. My heart immediately sank… having lived in Boston I know what a bed bug looks like and immediately began hyperventilating.

My family POC arrived the next morning and confirmed that we had bed bugs in all the bed rooms (3) and in our couches in the living room. He left us a long list of prep work to do and scheduled 3 treatments. One immediate treatment the following week, the second 2 weeks later, and the last 4 weeks later (a total of 6 weeks of treatment). He had us designate mandatory clothes/shoes. We washed and dried all clothes for storage (through the treatments) at a local laundromat and used Ziploc tote bags and duct tape to seal all clothes we didn’t need (after washing/drying) in order to prevent re-infestation and extra laundry. We then lived out of trash bags of several clothes/shorts and 2 pairs of shoes each. After constant trips to the laundromat and late-night inspections with rubbing alcohol we are officially 2 months out of our last treatment and haven’t seen a bug in 7 weeks (and I’ve been searching intensely).
    In terms of treatment our POC spent anywhere between 3-4 hours for each treatment. He sprayed the mattresses and cushions with a contact killer and sprayed all baseboards, light switches, doorways, wood work, etc. with a residual killer. He also used air to spray out sockets for safe measure. He also had a light spray he used on large photos and paintings. We had to vacate our property (with our dogs) for 2-3 hours to let the chemicals air out (he said they aren’t necessarily toxic but could aggravate conditions like asthma). My POC personally was very receptive and empathetic, always returned calls and was reassuring not matter what was going on. If you are in the Boston area, message me for his contact info as I don’t want this to seem like an ad, but MY GOD, he is the only way I managed to maintain my sanity through this ordeal. If you can afford a POC I sincerely recommend hiring one as soon as you spot a bug as the sooner the treatment begins the sooner this nightmare is over.

So happy to have this site and feel free to message me here if you have any questions… I know the helplessness that comes with these f*ckers.

2. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Dec 6 2016 14:22:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations on your success.

3. yohoki

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Dec 6 2016 14:22:27
    #

Login to Send PM

It's so helpful seeing success stories on here. Thank you for sharing! I'm still looking forward to the day that I can share my success as well. So, thank you again for your encouragement and sharing your success.

Notable sites for my reference (and others that are interested):
    http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
    http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/tbypmr.pdf (PDF file. May prompt download)
    Http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/ (David's company website.)
    Http://www.bedbugger.com/forum/
  4. itchynurse2016

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Dec 7 2016 4:25:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats! That gives me so much hope. I was 3 weeks out on my 2nd treatment, not having any issues....and this week, BAM! Back with a vengeance. Hoping this 3rd treatment will help out. Your post helped calm some negativity going on in my brain about "will this ever be over".

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82