Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

Finding some positive in this negative experience.

(7 posts)
  1. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 21 2017 3:21:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Finding bed bugs was a nightmare come to life and a really traumatic experience. I'm still feeling anxiety but I have learned so much through this experience and every day that passes I feel more confident that this is a battle that I'll win. It's easy to focus on the scary things about bed bugs but I wanted to share some things that I'm grateful about.

I'm grateful...

That bed bugs don't fly.

That they don't jump.

That they have 5 stages of growth before becoming breeding adults, instead of just 1 stage.

I'm grateful that they aren't venomous or carry disease.

That they have little lobster claws for feet instead of grabby hands with opposable thumbs.

That they can't climb smooth plastic.

That they don't live in hair or on our bodies.

So grateful that they are tiny and not ginormous.

Even grateful that they leave lots of gross clues to their hiding places.

But most of all, I'm grateful for this experience because I've lived in fear of getting bed bugs my whole adult life and now I know how to kill them and protect against another infestation.

(Oh, and eternally grateful for Cimexa.)

Account closed
  2. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 21 2017 3:27:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Interesting. But question, how were you fearful for decades - didn't realize they had come back that long ago.

3. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 21 2017 3:32:49
    #

Login to Send PM

This is the first time I have had bed bugs. But I have always feared getting them. I traveled a lot and it was always on my mind at hotels. I even avoided New York City because of its reputation for infestations. I never buy used furniture or thrift shop or go to garage sales specifically because I worry about bed bugs. I've always been super careful that way and warned others about the dangers. But none of that mattered because I picked them up anyway at a relative's house. I don't have that nagging fear now because I know how to kill them and to protect myself.

I'll edit my post to make it more clear.

4. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jan 21 2017 3:40:31
    #

Login to Send PM

You don't need to edit since very understandable.

5. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 11:30:56
    #

Login to Send PM

How was you experience with cimexa I want advise and reviews from everyone I can. I live in a Sfh and I have a crawlspace in the roof attack I think not too sure and a basement large too I also have a detached garage which is where I have been putting my treated items. How did cimexa do for you. I have 3 kids youngest is 2 so I'm a little worried please any advice helps me.

6. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 18:50:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Ha ha yes I'm very grateful for those things too,lol....Also would like to know how the Cimexa Powder works too?

7. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Jun 3 2017 23:09:07
    #

Login to Send PM

This person's account has been closed. She was a huge fan of Cimexa. If you look at some of her old posts, she gave ideas for using it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,788 posts in 49,802 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991