Finding skins after heat treatment?

(3 posts)
  1. Emm

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Feb 17 2013 16:29:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I found bed bugs in my 1 bedroom apartment last Saturday, and had a heat treatment of the entire unit done by what appears to be a good company (at least according to Angie's list and yelp) on Tuesday, followed by a pesticide spraying on Wednesday. I was told it looked like the bugs were confined to the bedroom, and had been there 1-2 months. No signs of them were found elsewhere, and nothing was found in my neighbors units when they were inspected.

Today while cleaning I found a bed bug skin on my living room office chair. Is this common after a heat treatment? I honestly never use the office chair, so I doubt it'd have been infested. I do know the company used ALOT of fans during the treatment, and moved clothing around my unit between rooms to get it properly heated. I never cleaned the chair off after the treatment, but I did have dirty clothing in a bag on there (all of which had been heat treated).

Should I be freaking out? I haven't seen signs of life, and I inspected my bed. I never showed bite marks the first time though, so that isn't a reliable test for me. I don't seem to react to the bites at all.

Thanks!

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 18 2013 0:29:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Emmm,

I'm not an expert, but bumping for an expert to see...hopefully in the a.m.

This isn't directly related but one of the PCOs (Bello) says that they are lightweight and flyaway:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/are-cast-skins-clear

Good luck.

TAOT

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 18 2013 8:19:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Unless you vacuum or clean every inch you may find old evidence for months or longer. One of the reasons that housing inspectors are supposed to only site a location for bed bugs if they see live ones.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus