(6 posts)
  1. bedbugged227

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 8 2019 14:49:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Good afternoon all,

We have been living in our apartment for almost two years and have just recently started discovering bed bugs. They are in very unconventional areas throughout the apartment however. I found one in the kitchen sink, along the edge of the ceiling above our couch, on the wall under our kitchen counter, and this morning we found one on a towel on the floor in the bathroom. I first suspected they may be inside the couch but we have not been experiencing any bites and I searched as best I could with no luck. I cannot find any evidence that they are in the beds either and luckily I already placed our mattresses in encasements prior to moving in. Knowing we would be in an apartment building the potential for this was always possible. Do you think these are bugs travelling from other units?

The bed bug I caught in the sink I put into a ziplock bag. I am about to involve our apartment complex's exterminator but I just wondered if anyone here has any suggestions? We are nervous of course about a hidden infestation despite not actually being able to find any signs of one.

I have uploaded images here: https://imgur.com/a/UIPXiJw
    The photos of the bagged bug is the one I found in the sink.

Thank you all.

2. bedbugged227

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 8 2019 15:09:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, not sure if it makes a difference but I have always found these bugs during the day or early evening. Never in the overnight hours when you’d expect to find them.

3. SalsaVince

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 8 2019 17:12:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm. Those ARE strange places to find them. I think the consensus is if you find them in places like the bathroom and kitchen, they are possibly coming in from an adjoining unit. Do you have units above, below, next to you? I would contact the apartment management as quickly as possible to have them inspect all units near you to find the source. I wonder if someone tried to self treat with something that caused them to spread.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  4. bedbugged227

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 8 2019 23:07:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, two units directly below me and there’s one to the left. And then there’s two below him. Total of 6 apartments per building.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Feb 9 2019 7:58:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Because of the rooms they are being found in and how utilities and service conduits run through buildings it’s almost certain one of the other units has an issue. Because of the odd locations I strongly suspect that they are using foggers or total release aerosols.

Clear communication through the building with what to do and not do with bedbugs and don’t wait for the building team to do it.

The sooner the issue is identified and correctly treated the soonest it stops bothering you.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  6. Mary2300

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri May 17 2019 8:08:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Im having the same issue. First one was found in the bathtub . Then the baseboard. Told landlord and he said , not his problem.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,300 posts in 49,235 topics over 152 months by 21,583 of 22,004 members. Latest: looking2identify, Robbysee, Elephant88