Finally! yay

(4 posts)
  1. Jen

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Apr 28 2010 8:44:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Finally we have been given the all clear! The bed bug dog came out this morning (4th time) and found nothing! Woohoo! It has not been 60 days yet, but we are moving and don't have that time.

Just wanted to share my story and the names of companys/people that have helped since we are in Georgia and have had a hard time finding recommendations.

We first treated with chemical back in the fall. The company, Skyline Pest Control, had a good protocol, but I was less than thrilled with the particular technician who came to treat. There were some stragglers left which we discovered upon returning from a vacation that winter.

Next we hired Gregory Pest Solutions of South Carolina to perform thermal remediation. They came out but we still received a few bites. With bb dog confirmation, they came out again to retreat. No definite bites and the bb dog came again giving us the all clear. I would recommend using Gregory Pest Solutions for thermal remediation. Their price was not alot more than our chemical treatment and not having to live out of ziplocs was a great plus (we felt human again).

And last, but not least (this feels a bit like an acceptance speech) I would like to thank the bb dog team from Quest K9 Detectives in Atlanta. When my husband/PCO's were doubting the existence of the bugs (I was a strong reactor), which made me start doubting my sanity when our infestation was very very light and visual signs were ambiguous, the bb dog was able to confirm my suspicions and point PCO's in the right direction.

I have learned, however, that nothing is 100% safe from these bed bugs. As we will be moving around the world in just a few days, at least I now know what to look for, how to minimize our exposure, and most importantly how to live in a way that is not conducive to their introduction into our home.

Yay!

2. soscared

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Apr 28 2010 11:22:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats!

3. mwc1fan

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Jul 4 2010 3:27:37
    #

Login to Send PM

How would you go about getting a bed bug dog? How much?

4. bugnut

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Jul 4 2010 8:02:46
    #

Login to Send PM

mwc1fan -

The dog inspection will be about 300-400 based on my experience. I used two different companies, 3 different dogs and handlers. The first team was the most through and the bet IMHO. Where do you live? I can PM you the name of the company I am used if you are in the northeast and if in NJ, I saw a post somewhere on this site for a good one (can't remember the name) You can also PM Doug Summers for recommendations too.

I know the dogs are not 100%, but they can be helpful. It is expensive to keep having them come out, but this whole ordeal is expensive. I am lucky my PCO was cheap by comparison (He is a work contact)

Good Luck!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,215 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls