Fighting a losing battle

(4 posts)
  1. majorpanic

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jan 18 2018 10:58:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, first off I would like to say I'm very glad I found this site. I would not have been able to get this far with my family if I hadn't scoured the forums, so thank you all.

My family consists of five adults in a small two bedroom house. We think we got bedbugs from a relative who pulled in a chair from outside and someone slept over, dragging bedding back and forth. We have made numerous mistakes since then and I can't seem to get anyone on the same page. A mattress was dragged through the house and thrown out. We have bagged unwashed items. Our house is so small we have to keep them in the infested room. Even better, we do not have the funds to hire a PCO - and I'm not sure my family is willing to get one when they do.

I've had to entirely fund what we have done thus far with a low paying part time job. This has put a large amount of stress on me so much so that a friend has offered to take me in - in March. I plan on only taking clothes, some books and comics, a few sentimental items and my electronics. She is graciously making space for me and I have to fly out there. I've all ready planned treating my clothes and bagging them before I send them before. I want to go Cirkil on my books, laptop, and luggage before I take them.

I don't think I would be posting on the forum if not for finding an adult bed bug on my collar after brushing my hair out. I had changed from my bed clothes to normal house clothes and completely freaked out. I know that they don't normally stick on the host, but I'm not sure what to do. I'm all ready living out of bags and running all my clothing through the dryer as well as wiping down my shoes with alcohol before walking to work.

I'm trying to make it until I can leave but it gets harder every day. Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to give this a read.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jan 18 2018 11:21:33
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a lengthy process but you can vacuum and use a desiccant like Cimexa or DE to kill the bed bugs. It would take the cooperation of the entire household for it to work but as long as you're willing to put in the hours it can be done.
    You may want to search the forums for in-depth DIY instructions for this process.

3. majorpanic

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jan 18 2018 13:00:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you BigDummy, I have looked through some DIY posts but I will work at it more.

4. rae7755

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jan 21 2018 23:44:57
    #

Login to Send PM

stay safe! you can get through this!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,826 posts in 49,816 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316