Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

fighting a losing battle

(4 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 7 2008 10:30:12
    #

Login to Send PM

We still have bbs in our apartment, now at my parents house and in my car. We have been super careful since we have known we had them. All clothing is bagged and washed as well as the kids stuffed toys. I just don't know what to do anymore. We are working with pros but the cost is a killer and we don't seem to be getting rid of them. Also last night we went to the hospital because my toddler had an asthma attack, probably due to all of the chemicals in our home and car. Should we just say forget it, we will have to live with these things. With all that we have done why aren't they gone? Please, suggestions would be great, I am at the end of my rope!

2. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 7 2008 10:52:11
    #

Login to Send PM

It is possible that an insect infestation in extreme cases may cause an allergic reaction such as bringing on an asthma attack. These creatures are hard to get rid of and you are not alone in this. The chemicals may also effect a child but I speculate that as long as the chemicals are applied correctly with enough time before a child enters a treated home than I think the risks are not great. Some may disagree. Talk to your doctor.
    Long time exposure to many things including outside irritants may affect a person. Brake dust from cars and trucks etc... The fact is that something has to be used on bed bugs so
    research with doctors and entomologists and universities. Do not be afraid to call people. I have met some wonderful people this way. Everyone from Dr. Hinkle to Gil Bloom and politicians have been patient, kind and helpful. You must take matters into your own hands and educate yourself the best you can than develop a tactic and regime and implement your plan until you win however long it takes. But do consider the children they do come first.

3. heartattackhelpme

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 8 2008 1:22:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I am feeling exactly the same way that you are. Lt. Dan...your words again have given me so much hope.
    I just want you to know that you are not alone and I have become so heavy in my heart too and lonely because I do not want to pass this onto others.
    I am still fighting with these horrible bugs, going on 6 months.
    I have evidence bagged to encourage the treatment, pictures of my bites, so many times the people doing the treatment do not know the horrow because they have not lived with them..
    I am paying for more treatments to encourage .....please do not give up
    I am now working with dogs...adorable beagles and my experience is that the industry will believe dogs more than they will believe you...and the dogs are so adorable.
    that it takes the horror away for a moment or two... until the spray has to be done again.
    The bbs have travelled to my boyfriends, my car, my son's Fathers and I am so worried that they have gone to my Mother's. We can't have the dogs into her home as she lives in a seniors development that won't allow dogs and her ego will not let me ask for permission.
    She is not getting bit...however when I visit her I always see bites on me that night. She gets furious with me.
    This is so hard to deal with. I just won't give up even though many have given up on me. I too have a son and thank goodness he does have compassion as he sees how hard I am trying to get rid of them. I haven't been with my boyfriend now for 6 weeks, we are trying to eradicate the problem before we are in contact again.
    His home was also damaged when we had a thermal treatment, as was mine.
    I am just sharing my struggle so that you know that you are not alone in this.
    Hopefully we will be over this. I just have to believe that we will be over this.
    Sometimes I think that they will never go away.
    Thank you Lt Dan for your encouragement.

4. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 8 2008 9:54:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your kind words. Can you tell me how your home was damaged by thermal treatments?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,305 posts in 50,167 topics over 155 months by 21,928 of 22,425 members. Latest: xterra888, MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies