(6 posts)
  1. sonomahawaii

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 28 2018 20:24:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Please help! I'm going crazy!!!

I've been bitten on and off for the past 4 years. I had 3 pest control companies come and inspect my house for the past few years and they all confirmed that I don't have bed bugs. I would feel relieved that I wasn't being bitten for a few weeks in a row but then, without failing, I would get bites again.

When I have bites, they are really red and super itchy. They do not look like mosquito bites. And these itchy red welts last for a long time--sometimes up to several weeks, which are really different mosquito bites for me. I also get bitten under clothes--my torso, side of the belly, and sometimes the areas covered by underwear. I wouldn't get bitten a lot. Maybe 1-2 bites a week. I went to a dermatologist and he said they definitely looked like bug bites although he couldn't tell me with certainly what it was.

What is a bit crazier is that my husband, who sleeps in the same bed, does not show any signs of bites. What drove me to the edge lately, however, is that I'm getting more bites (started feeling itchy at different times, but I would say I have 5-6 bites currently) and I saw very similar welts on my daughter's neck.

I called the pest control company again a few weeks ago, and a guy came and took a look at my beds and he said "you definitely do not have bed bugs." After he left, I started thoroughly vacuuming my bed and found two dried up bug shells/casing that looked like bed bug casing. I took it to the department of health entomologist and she said it's not a bed bug. She said it looks like a carpet beetle. But then when I sent the photo to two pest control companies in Honolulu, they said they are certain the specimen is a bed bug. What to believe? I also found three black dots on the corner of my bed encasement, which look like bed bug fecal matter. But pretty much this is all I have.

I want to upload photos, but I don't know how. Can you please advise? I'm really loosing sleep and am feeling so desperate and miserable.

2. mcsmcs

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 28 2018 20:31:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I make a flickr account upload then post link, make sure photos are public. I think there is a better way though

3. CharlesClark

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Sep 8 2018 0:16:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Are the black dots look like this?

If yes, then you have bedbugs at your home.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Sep 8 2018 7:49:03
    #

Login to Send PM

sonomahawaii: "I called the pest control company again a few weeks ago, and a guy came and took a look at my beds and he said "you definitely do not have bed bugs." After he left, I started thoroughly vacuuming my bed and found two dried up bug shells/casing that looked like bed bug casing. I took it to the department of health entomologist and she said it's not a bed bug. She said it looks like a carpet beetle. But then when I sent the photo to two pest control companies in Honolulu, they said they are certain the specimen is a bed bug. What to believe? I also found three black dots on the corner of my bed encasement, which look like bed bug fecal matter. But pretty much this is all I have."
    Please post pictures of the insect items you found. I'd go with the entomologist and that the items are larval shed skins of a carpet beetle species. It's easy enough to see from those if the problem you have is a carpet beetle dermatitis. Did any pest control service suggest the use of any type of monitoring device?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. CharlesClark

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Sep 13 2018 4:51:12
    #

Login to Send PM

There are some exterminators with lack of knowledge about prevention, use increased resistance to pesticides, and ineffective control practices. That is why make sure that you should consult an experienced pest control company who can able to determine the bed bug infestation and customize a program to your specific needs, and budget.

Last month, when I was dealing with a bed bug infestation, on suggestion of my neighbor I had hired the best pest control Nassau County NY company who had used Cryonite Bed Bug treatments to eliminate bedbug.

If you want, you can consult them for a free estimate, or you can hire the best pest control in your local area, but make sure that you should read review about the company before hiring them.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Sep 13 2018 5:41:52
    #

Login to Send PM

CharlesClark - 49 minutes ago  » 
    There are some exterminators with lack of knowledge about prevention, use increased resistance to pesticides, and ineffective control practices. That is why make sure that you should consult an experienced pest control company who can able to determine the bed bug infestation and customize a program to your specific needs, and budget.
    Last month, when I was dealing with a bed bug infestation, on suggestion of my neighbor I had hired the best pest control Nassau County NY company who had used Cryonite Bed Bug treatments to eliminate bedbug.

If you want, you can consult them for a free estimate, or you can hire the best pest control in your local area, but make sure that you should read review about the company before hiring them.

Sounds like an ad for the pest control company. Cryonite not necessarily the best method at all. Most times it is applied incorrectly and doesn't penetrate well. Hot and low moisture steam is a much better choice.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls