Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Feeling like the bat bug saga will never end.

(5 posts)
  1. batbugs01

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 14:48:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Since the final bat exclusion we went about 2.5 weeks until we saw an adult and a nymph in the bathtub and then a few more a few days later. And then we went another 3.5 weeks (starting to actually feel confident) and I woke up this morning to find a live adult in the bathtub We are coming up on a year of dealing with this. My landlords had a new pest company come out about 2 weeks ago. They didn’t find any bats or obvious bugs in the attic, and said they are most likely in the insulation and it is “normal” to see them up to 6 months after. I don’t know what is normal any more. Some people said a month because they would all start coming down to the living spaces ASAP, some people said up to 18 months. I don’t know what to believe, since we are approaching a year, 2 PCTs, multiple treatments, and FOUR bat exclusions, I feel like this is never going to end. I’m making sure to check the attic, the bed bug Beacon in the attic never caught anything, and my landlords are constantly taking what the PCT is saying as gods word but no one has actually solved the issue. I honestly don’t even know what I want them to do, but am feeling so incredibly frustrated that the answer is “just wait it out” which has been the answer for a year and they keep coming back.

At least they are coming back to check for bats in a month since that is usually when they have found their roost for the season around here. I don’t know where to go from here.

2. batbugs01

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Mar 14 2019 21:06:05
    #

Login to Send PM

And now I just found another one in the bedroom. I’m sure the newly warm weather is bringing them out but I can’t hear “just wait it out” one more time. I feel that that statement is null after a whole year.

3. batbugs01

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 20:45:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Can anyone please give me guidance on this? Is 6 months of seeing bugs post bat removal really a reasonable threshold? It just feels suspicious that it went from 3 weeks of nothing to now every few days again. We checked the attic yesterday and didn’t see any bats. All of this misinformation I’m getting, I don’t know what to believe.

4. SalsaVince

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 20:57:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't have any guidance for you. Just empathy. After a year, it would be very old to still see bugs. In some ways, it seems like bat bugs are better than having bed bugs, but in others, they present a whole different challenge.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Mar 18 2019 22:43:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The only advice I had has already been given. Active monitor to trap them out before they ingress.

Outside of that fit an untreated mosquito net and create a physical barrier.

At least you don’t have greater numbers.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,812 posts in 48,204 topics over 149 months by 21,240 of 21,596 members. Latest: ltito, js2337a, Travelchecking