Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Feeling defeated. Have no money for treatment. I'm emotionally drained.

(3 posts)
  1. demonbugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 12 2016 6:17:30
    #

Login to Send PM

When I say we have no money for treatments, I do mean no money. My husband and I have been in and out of work, against our will, and were always turned down for unemployment even though we did not quit our jobs. We cannot even afford mattress encasements, dusts, sprays, or anything. It is just after 4:00a.m. now and I have been awake for the past 2 hours getting bit and can't sleep. I don't know what to do. We have no financial resources to fall back on, as we have exhausted everything possible during our times of unemployment. On top of it all, I feel like I'm having to shut down my life. Can't have company over, can't go many places, etc, etc. The problem is spreading and I have absolute no idea what to do. This is so very depressing. ??

2. atmybitsend

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 12 2016 16:35:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey demon. I completely understand where you're coming from. We've only had them for about 6-8 weeks, and they've essentially turned our life upside down. I wake up every morning covered in bites, I'm living out of bags, and our property management company is taking their sweet time dealing with it. We also have no money for our own treatments, so all we can do is wait and hope. I hope that things get better soon.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Sep 12 2016 22:23:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi demonbugs,

First, are you renting? If so, in many places, the landlord has to hire a professional to treat. If this applies, it will be a good thing for you.

Second, it's possible to treat bed bugs on your own and there are people who can help and resources we can direct you too. First step is to verify the problem is bed bugs. Has anyone confirmed this? If not, post a photo for ID here and an expert can look.

Then we can talk about treatment options.

Since you're depressed also, please consider seeking support specifically for that. Many here have found therapy and/or meds helpful. There are resources out there we can point you to if needed.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,850 posts in 50,050 topics over 155 months by 21,878 of 22,364 members. Latest: Datnguyen, Mariam, GoingBananas