Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Feeling a little bit hopeful...treatment booked!

(4 posts)
  1. Baillie

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Aug 4 2018 15:48:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Well after nearly suffering a breakdown my husband and I have decided to bite the bullet and get a heat treatment on our entire house. The PCO will also vacuum everywhere, spray with temprid and demand and use a powder on outlets/baseboards/etc. I don't remember the name of the powder. They will also do regular follow ups to ensure treatment worked.
    I feel much more confident in this decision. Our original PCO only sprayed a pesticide called Dragnet and said he'd be back in 2 weeks. I've come to learn that pesticide isn't the most effective.
    I just want to tell people to research and listen to their gut. Mine told me we weren't being thorough enough so I started making calls and reading a lot.
    While i know we may not be 100% out of the woods after treatment on Friday I feel like we'll be well on our way.

2. mcsmcs

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Aug 5 2018 1:16:11
    #

Login to Send PM

So glad

3. pinheadbites

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Aug 13 2018 21:01:06
    #

Login to Send PM

In regard to the powder that your PCO will be using, IMHO the best powder to use is CimeXa. CimeXa has been shown to be *much more effective* than diatomaceous earth (aka DE), another powder commonly used against bed bugs. To the best of my knowledge, CimeXa is the best powder (insecticide dust) that can be used to combat bed bugs. I hope that this information helps.

4. Baillie

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 14 2018 16:04:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I'm in Canada and it doesn't seem that Cimexa is readily available here. Our PCO used Drione Dust and after research it seems extremely effective and similar to Delta Dust which I have heard many good things about.

The treatment seems to have gone very well. I am nowhere near declaring success of course but I am feeling more at ease. I've only been finding dead bugs or dying bugs (dehydrated but twitchy legs) in the first few days. No bugs crawling around and I'm still inspecting with my flashlight. No bites either.

Our PCO comes back for a follow up on Friday. I am feeling very confident in this company and their warranty should we need any more treatments.

Now only to actually sleep through the night...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,657 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982