Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Feel like sharing your story?

(3 posts)
  1. swood

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 3 2017 16:03:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi guys! I'm a freelance journalist and current bedbug sufferer looking for people who would be willing to be interviewed about their bedbug experience, particularly the psychological aspects, for a piece I'm writing.

In my experience, the worst part about this whole nightmare is that it makes you feel disgusting, isolated, paranoid, etc.., and I think that's something that many people, even those who know about and fear bedbugs, don't understand. Most of us just want to hide and pretend this never happened, which means most people have no idea what it's like.

Even if you'd prefer that your full name not be used in an article, and especially if you feel like you can't talk to any non-bug people about this, I'd love to meet up with you and interview you in what I imagine would be both a very interesting and a somewhat therapeutic discussion. Anyone interested in sharing their story can email me at golachargers [at] gmail [dot] com and we can try to set up a time to talk.

Thanks for your time, and best of luck to all of you!

Stephen

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 3 2017 16:16:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

This may help with your piece if you have not read it yet:

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/anxiety

Also if you want to talk about why helping to manage stress is an increasing part of our jobs let me know.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 3 2017 16:33:08
    #

Login to Send PM

"Head bugs" tend to be much more insidious than bed bugs.
    This is definitely a topic that's on peoples' minds, post a link when it's published.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls