Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Feces and eggs in hotel room? Tested with Bed Bug Blue- Please help! ID needed!

(3 posts)
  1. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Dec 20 2016 19:53:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Just got to our hotel room and did the normal check. Everything was going well until we got to the headboard. To my untrained eye, this looks like fecal matter and hatched eggs (in the lower right side).

IMG_7571 by Kp P, on Flickr

I tested the spot with Bed Bug Blue that I brought with me and got this reaction (it's the last test window):

IMG_7566 by Kp P, on Flickr

I'd love for an opinion because the spots look like what I've seen online, but the reaction with Bed Bug Blue doesn't seem like what I've been thinking it would be for a positive reaction. Isn't it supposed to be bluer if it's positive? Could it be that these aren't fecal spots and eggs?

I hope the pictures work! I'm posting from my phone in Mexico!
    Any help would be appreciated!

2. Canuck

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Dec 20 2016 20:21:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Definietly bed bug fecal. Definitely bed bug eggs and as you mentioned - the ones I see in focus are hatched. Positive Bed Bug Blue reaction. On the plus side, you do not mention seeing any live specimens. And live usually hang around where the fecal and eggs are...so could be the site of an old infestation. Nonetheless, I would ask for another room/refund/ etc.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Dec 21 2016 7:00:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes this is bed bugs but this area has been treated as evident from the diffusion of the faecal traces. It may not be an active infestatation.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs