Fecal stains on books - how to remove?

(3 posts)
  1. etm42

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 9 2012 19:27:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I have hundreds of books in my apartment. On some of them I have found masses of small brown dots which the pest control person has identified as bed bug fecal stains. The BBs seem to prefer leaving these stains on the edges of the pages (top, bottom, and side) of the books. How can I get rid of these stains without destroying my books? Discarding the books is absolutely a very last, desperate resort - I have thousands of dollars invested in them, and some of these books are quite rare. I welcome any and all advice - thank you!

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 9 2012 20:54:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think you can, sorry. Unless someone knows something I don't, I think you will have a very hard time cleaning that up. That is if you are in fact truly looking at bed bug feces.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 9 2012 21:18:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There is little you can do to remove the stains other than ensuring they are super dry and scraping them with a scalpel or extremely sharpe blade.

We have been working on stain removal but paper is too absorbing and processed blood too staining for those to work.

The key thing is there is no fast solution and the stains get more brittle and easier to remove with time.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19