Fecal stains on a wooden bed slat??? [a: friction marks]

(6 posts)
  1. HALP2k14

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Dec 21 2014 20:28:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi crew, we had an infestation in early October and did three treatments and had thought we were in the clear, however I recently discovered stains on the bed slats of my new bed (which I purchased and put together and varnished the day before Thanksgiving). I have climb-ups on all of my bed legs and haven't seen anything, nor have I seen any other sort of stain on my bedding. I want to think that these are some sort of scuff marks, but at the same time, I feel like I would have noticed them had they been there when I set up the bed. The stains don't smear when I touch or rub them with a q-tip, however they are leaving behind black residue on a wet q-tip. Can anyone here make an ID? I'm not sure if I can go through this again....

Huge thanks!!

2. HALP2k14

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Dec 21 2014 21:03:03
    #

Login to Send PM

sorry, here is a link to pic on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/129423149@N06/

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 22 2014 3:30:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbug related.

These are friction generated marks from the rubbing between the wood and the metal of the bed frame. There are confirmation images in gallery 4 on my homepage.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. HALP2k14

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 22 2014 15:38:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much for taking a look, David. There isn't any metal on my bed (aside from a few screws, which are located on the outside of the frame and have been covered with clear packing tape), though, which does sort of give me pause... I'm not sure what could have caused friction marks. Would this change your opinion or do you still think they are definitely not bed bug-related?

(Sorry, this whole experience has turned me into a total paranoiac!)

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 22 2014 15:58:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you look in my gallery 4 you will see identical marks. They are 100% not bedbug related. I have in the past associated them a certain European flat pack furniture store which has small metal runners the slats rest on.

It may be it's the wood rather than the metal but either way it's not bedbugs.

David

6. HALP2k14

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 22 2014 16:38:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the reassurance! I really appreciate it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,755 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07