(4 posts)
  1. prbc

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 5 2014 20:13:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi team,

First of all this site has been a great resource as I currently fight bed bugs at home!

Earlier this morning at work I noticed a cluster of black spots on the carpet beside my chair (see attached photos). I couldn’t tell you how long these spots have been there, as I’ve just been a bit more paranoid lately everything to me looks like a possible bed bug infestation.

I have inconsistent reactions to bites so I am not able to say if I’ve been bitten at work or not.

From everything that I’ve read on bed bugs it would be extremely rare for them to defecate out in the open like this. I’ve checked messenger bag, which is usually laid against the cabinet next this cluster, for sights of bed bugs but can’t see anything.

The spots feel a bit sticky and when rubbed with a damp paper towel leaves the paper with a black smudge.

Any ideas as to what this might be?

2. bedbugtakeover

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 5 2014 20:15:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Im sure an expert will be along shortly to answer this. good luck

3. prbc

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 5 2014 20:35:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I should also note that I've only been in this spot for 2 months. I don't know if that would be a significant amount of feces for that time - if these were from bed bugs.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Aug 6 2014 7:09:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

This is not faecal.

Its most likley a very old drinks spillage.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982