Fecal Stain on Sheer Drape?

(7 posts)
  1. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jan 15 2012 20:23:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I was out of town for a lot of December and washed my sheer curtains and sheets at the commercial laundry on Janaury 8th. I didn't notice these stains until this morning. I haven't been out on the balcony, so I don't think it's my shoes. These are very sheer, and the stain was on both sides of the drape (maybe bled through). I'm going to launder them again on Monday and see if it washes out.

I'm going to try swabbing it and see if it smears. I've been looking at fecal pictures and it doesn't look like it.

Thanks.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74408877@N03/6703508611/

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jan 15 2012 20:37:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I couldn't add. I should say it doesn't look like a sharpie but the stain is on both sides. I looked at the carpet and the woodwork and don't see anything..it's on the drape only.

I've been thinking about it and I vaguely remember having an issue putting the drapes back up..I'm wondering if I accidently stepped on them. I've seen stains like this but it's usually on my pants when I bike. (or so I think).

I'm pretty careful with a packtite and that seems like a lot of fecal if that's what it is.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 16 2012 7:33:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No its not faecal. I would say its just dirt.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 16 2012 8:56:03
    #

Login to Send PM

This photo is not consistent with the fecal stains I usually see in the field.

As such, I agree with DC in that the stains were not caused by BBs.

Hope this helps ! pb

5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jan 17 2012 7:09:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks! It mostly washed out in the wash (looks like it might have been oil). It's the time of year where you look down at your cuffs and "yikes"...nothing worse than dirty snow

6. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jan 17 2012 8:36:24
    #

Login to Send PM

And, while it may go without saying; please avoid the yellow snow too !

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jan 17 2012 15:35:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Paul,

That's my number one reason for being in Egypt, to avoid the yellow snow.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,734 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah