(5 posts)
  1. mrdinosaur

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 14 2019 10:45:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey folks,

Did a bunch of travelling in the month of September and got a bit paranoid about bringing bed bugs home - got bit a few times while staying at different places but no clarity about what caused said bites.

Once I got back, I did notice a dark black spot on my mattress cover that smeared as per bed bug fecal matter. Immediately got a bed bug proof cover, covered my pillows, laundered everything on high heat, got interceptors, dusted CimeXa around the bed and baseboards, did visual inspections, everything. No bites. I did get a few bites around my ankles a couple weeks ago but subsequently found a flea in my bedroom (we have no pets, no idea how that happened). Since then nothing.

But I did wake up this morning with a few stains on my pillowcase that initially resembled bed bug fecal matter. I used Bed Bug Blue to test it and it came up negative, but I'm not sure if I dabbed or used it right. Hoping some visual IDs may help as well.

PICS: https://imgur.com/a/4ZCEhPK

Thank you!!

2. BedBugsLondon

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 14 2019 10:58:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like blood not fecal.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as employee of the patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations.

For those that are curious, yes it can be challenging working for David
  3. mrdinosaur

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 14 2019 11:08:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the quick reply!

If it's blood, anything to be concerned about? It's got a bit of a smell. Is there any way to test what it is?

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 14 2019 11:12:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like a logical answer.

5. BedBugsLondon

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 14 2019 15:32:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bug fecal does not look like blood, it is not red and it will present as distinctive black spots.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago