Fecal stain ID needed: spots on baseboard

(7 posts)
  1. NotParanoid

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Nov 24 2018 23:10:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I was checking corners in my bedroom to see if there were any signs of bugs, and I found these spots in a corner. I'm really concerned about them. I tried to smear them with saliva and they didn't seem to rub off at all. This was the closest picture I could get:

https://imgur.com/tTuu2SC

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Nov 27 2018 10:37:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Not the clearest of images in terms of focus. It reminds more of the fly poo one included below:

bed bugs limited gallery 3 - non bed bug artifacts by David Cain, on Flickr

Better focus is needed but you may find the answer through the example galleries.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. NotParanoid

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Nov 27 2018 11:09:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for taking a look. I'll see if I can get a closer, more detailed photo this evening.

I'm concerned it's not as red/brownish as fly poo seems to be sometimes, but a closer photo may help. I've looked at various pictures, and I honestly can't tell.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Nov 27 2018 14:08:07
    #

Login to Send PM

NotParanoid - 2 hours ago  » 
    I'm concerned it's not as red/brownish as fly poo seems to be .

That would depend on what the flies had been eating rather than the species of fly.

David

5. NotParanoid

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Nov 27 2018 19:37:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Are these pictures better? It was hard to get good lighting because of the location, but I was able to get up closer and I think focus better.

https://imgur.com/a/euYDHMg

I would really appreciate your thoughts. It's very helpful. Thanks again for taking a look and indulging me.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 14:15:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Much better, 100% not bed bug faecal. Still not 100% fly though.

David

7. NotParanoid

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 15:10:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for taking a look and giving me your thoughts! I'm glad to hear it doesn't look bed bug-related.

I know that any marks on the wallpaper itself is just from old adhesive (other wallpaper had been put over it), but yeah, I don't know what the marks on the wood are from and it was concerning me a bit. They don't seem to smear very well, though. No idea how long they've been there.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19